Best and/or cheapest way to rip DVDs for viewing on iPad

seabrook

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Handbrake supported Sources:

?Most common multimedia files that libavformat and libavcodec support.
?Any DVD or Bluray-like source which is NOT copy-protected. (removal of copy protection is not supported)

Are most DVDs copy-protected??

The combination of Handbrake and VLC... fast, free and easy.

johndabeast

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering this too, mostly for Blu-Rays, and Handbrake doesn't work well with Blu-Rays in my experience because, why wouldn't they have copy protection?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hand break I could never get past copy protection .. And takes a awhile to encode ..

I use DVD fab you can encode to tons of formats and any iOS device also bypasses all copyright protection

I have used this even on Disney DVDs for my daughter

All these DVDs I owned just incase anyone is wondering

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Handbrake supported Sources:

?Most common multimedia files that libavformat and libavcodec support.
?Any DVD or Bluray-like source which is NOT copy-protected. (removal of copy protection is not supported)

Are most DVDs copy-protected??

In my experience, the VLC program takes care of the copy protection. I don't have a blu-ray DVD player for my MacBook Pro, so I haven't ripped any blu-rays... but get and install the VLC app on your Mac, then Handbrake can easily rip your DVDs. They have a great forum that I have used once or twice for problem DVDs, but so far, I have been able to rip every DVD that I own....

In my experience, ripping takes about 20 minutes up to an hour per DVD... but the result is most excellent. And, for the record, I only rip the DVDs that I own... makes viewing them (especially for the grandkids movies) a painless and damage-free experience.

Fix HandBrake DVD ripping if you've installed VLC 2.0 | Macworld

Last edited:

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've always used DVDFAB, it worked wonders and got over the copy-protected stuff. Never had a problem, always rented movies from netflix and copied em and sent em back. I SAID NOTHING! *delete's account*

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Handbrake does not come stock with the ability to get past copyrights.

In my experience Handbrake told me to download a extension that would allow it to break the copyrights on DVD's.

For the sake of not getting another warning about illegal things I won't tell you what it was. You can use google for that ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've always used DVDFAB, it worked wonders and got over the copy-protected stuff. Never had a problem, always rented movies from netflix and copied em and sent em back. I SAID NOTHING! *delete's account*

That is freaking WRONG... it's stealing, pirating and disgusting... no wonder the MPAA (and RIAA) are so anal about copy protection/piracy...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll