desse3

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
So my iPhone 7 is bent. I've had it for just over 5 months. Have never sat on it, it is always either in my coat pocket, or front pocket of my jeans. I took it to the Apple Store near my house and they said that 1, there haven't been enough instances of bent 7s to warrant a replacement program like with the 6 or 6s, and 2, there is "no way the 7 can bend unless you physically bent it." Anyone else hear anything like this?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the 7 Plus and occasionally I sit while it's in my front pocket of my jeans.
Haven't had any issues so far.
I have to agree, though, with the Apple Store rep, without excessive force it's unlikely that the iPhone 7 got bent.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The 6s, 6s Plus, 7, and 7 Plus are all very strong and are not gonna bend without a great deal of force. How much bend is there? Photo maybe?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So my iPhone 7 is bent. I've had it for just over 5 months. Have never sat on it, it is always either in my coat pocket, or front pocket of my jeans. I took it to the Apple Store near my house and they said that 1, there haven't been enough instances of bent 7s to warrant a replacement program like with the 6 or 6s, and 2, there is "no way the 7 can bend unless you physically bent it." Anyone else hear anything like this?
I'm in agreement with the Apple Store. I am not going to be convinced that the iPhone 7 bent on its on accord. If it is indeed bent, serious force was used to bend it.

desse3

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
The pictures don't really show it, but it is bent. The only strain or pressure would be in my jean pocket while I'm sitting. Which is possible but enough force to bend it? I don't know

desse3

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
260b00dfec3608e52cb95d02bdf4d740.jpg
7d25aaf4fc0be53b03d4561782bfb440.jpg
2b6337bfc8f9295e0cf209f4f79afcf7.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The pictures don't really show it, but it is bent. The only strain or pressure would be in my jean pocket while I'm sitting. Which is possible but enough force to bend it? I don't know

Is the device working properly? Can others see that it's possibly bent? If the device is indeed bent, it is so faint that the average person wouldn't pay any attention to it. If the phone is working properly, be thankful and keep on using it. If you feel that repeatedly putting it in your front pocket and repeated pressure from your thigh is causing the bend, don't put it in your front pant pocket.

desse3

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
It must be from my pocket. Just find it hard to believe that there is enough pressure while I'm sitting down to bend an "unbendable" phone. And yes, everything appears to be functioning correctly for now

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It must be from my pocket. Just find it hard to believe that there is enough pressure while I'm sitting down to bend an "unbendable" phone. And yes, everything appears to be functioning correctly for now

No smartphone is "unbendable". Apple did NOT state that the iPhone was unbendable. It did take steps to make its newest models more difficult to bend.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Of course you can bend an iPhone by sitting down with it in your front jeans pocket ! the thing's made of aluminium alloy and is long and thin, just try and put your hand in your pocket while sitting down, you can do it but if your jeans fit, not easily, so that's pressure, if you apply that a couple of hundred times it's got to have a result.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else hear anything like this?

I remember for the iPhone 6s, Apple introduced the 7000 series aluminium to make the device a lot stronger. I haven't heard of any bending issues since that happened. There might be a small weak spot on the Plus variant near the volume rocker but only with a fair amount of force would it bend. I think you just had some bad luck with your iPhone and maybe it bent doing something you don't remember?

I would say, purchase a nice sturdy case for it and that could help keeping it from bending any further. :) If it really does bother you, maybe try selling it and purchasing a new one? Or a refurbished one?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow... I used to sometimes carry my iPhone 6s in my back pocket while walking around the house or when I would go out for a walk (I quickly got out of that bad habit), but one thing I never, ever did was keep it in my pocket at any time when I would sit down.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how anyone cans it with the phone in their pockets without discomfort. It would drive me bonkers. I always take my phone out of my pocket when I sit. Then again, I don't wear man pants with real pockets, so there's that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal