Been on Android since the Beginning

Climb14er

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
As the title said, been on Android since the very beginning. Motorola and Samsung phones, mostly Sammy Notes. Reason I jumped to iOS was because of Google’s complete lack of customer service after I bought their Pixel 6 Pro, first time with a Pixel and though their phone was for the most part fine, the modem on the Pixel was unbelievably weak and this also caused massive battery drain while the phone was searching the towers for a signal, sometimes the dreaded No Network Signal.

Took a huge loss on the phone which will be made up by Verizon’s hearty advanced credit and additional bill credits. Have been with Verizon for twenty two years on the business side and they treat me fairly well. Lost a lot of respect for Google when they rushed the new Pixels to market with a horrible modem. Yes, it works well on Wifi, what usually doesn’t? When you get away from towers and you usually got a good signal, the newer Pixels could not deliver.

Bought an IPhone 13 Pro Max and this phone performs very well. Have had a Mac Pro Retina for years so I’m a little used to iOS. Will be adding AppleCare+, haven’t decided yet to go with only hardware or add the loss and theft. Will make the decision in ten days or so. If you have any thoughts feel free.

I like both Android and iOS. Just want a phone that consistently performs well, has good battery, display, reception and features that are easy to use. Girlfriend, Cardiac RN has 11 Pro and she likes that I joined her on iOS.

Greetings from Colorado. Be safe and enjoy whichever phone you use.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Unfortunately it seems the new Pixel’s have a number of issues. I have seen issues regarding the modem as well. Enjoy your iPhone! Funny enough, my main SIM has been in a OnePlus for a couple years because the modem is better than iPhone and gets be more, and useable, signal where I need it for work.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As the title said, been on Android since the very beginning. Motorola and Samsung phones, mostly Sammy Notes. Reason I jumped to iOS was because of Google’s complete lack of customer service after I bought their Pixel 6 Pro, first time with a Pixel and though their phone was for the most part fine, the modem on the Pixel was unbelievably weak and this also caused massive battery drain while the phone was searching the towers for a signal, sometimes the dreaded No Network Signal.

Took a huge loss on the phone which will be made up by Verizon’s hearty advanced credit and additional bill credits. Have been with Verizon for twenty two years on the business side and they treat me fairly well. Lost a lot of respect for Google when they rushed the new Pixels to market with a horrible modem. Yes, it works well on Wifi, what usually doesn’t? When you get away from towers and you usually got a good signal, the newer Pixels could not deliver.

Bought an IPhone 13 Pro Max and this phone performs very well. Have had a Mac Pro Retina for years so I’m a little used to iOS. Will be adding AppleCare+, haven’t decided yet to go with only hardware or add the loss and theft. Will make the decision in ten days or so. If you have any thoughts feel free.

I like both Android and iOS. Just want a phone that consistently performs well, has good battery, display, reception and features that are easy to use. Girlfriend, Cardiac RN has 11 Pro and she likes that I joined her on iOS.

Hello and welcome to iMore!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Excellent introduction and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Welcome to iMore… :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
giphy.gif

Enjoy the ecosystem.

Last edited:

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to iPhone.
“I like both Android and iOS. Just want a phone that consistently performs well, has good battery, display, reception and features that are easy to use.”

Both platforms definitely have their benefits, however, the list of features you describe pretty much is imho dead center bullseye with iPhone. A few pieces of advice:
-patience during the transition. There will be things on the iPhone that are done differently (and there will be a few things IPhone doesn’t offer). That patience is needed for a few weeks to be more fluent on iOS (stop into imore for questions)
-install the Apple support app. Strike up a chat on the app when you need support. Take full advantage of it/AppleCare+.
-Sign up for iCloud+ and do regular backups, have a second trusted email or phone number verified for your Apple account, confirm FindMy is enabled and your Apple devices are listed (for peace of mind if the device is lost or stolen).
BOL…

Climb14er

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Phone is running smoothly, picked up AppleCare+ with theft and loss. Been easy to accommodate to from Android, visited the nearby local Apple Store to get a few things double checked, that went well. All in all, very good experience with the 13 Pro Max so far.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Welcome. Having a Mac, make sure you pursue the continuity and handoff features. Phone and computer integration is really important for my use. I seem to find many who are not aware of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen