BBM crashes after 7.0.3 Update

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My bbm is also crashing when I send and receive pics, such a pain! Also not having a delete contact function isn't helpful

To delete a contact, you tap and hold the contact's picture, then a menu comes up. Tap 'delete'. You will get a confirmation question. Confirm delete.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
WOW what a shock....BBM is not working properly after an update. Deja vu just like the good or bad old days. Sure am glad I left BBM behind when I left BB behind. Moving on to iphone and iMessage just seems to work right and go together for me anyway. As I asked in an earlier post...I wonder the % of people that will drop it and uninstall in I give a week - 2 tops. :) I know this is going to be hit or miss but the mere fact that this thread was written makes me write this.

I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Apple updates the OS, third party developers have to adjust their apps.
Doesn't seem like RIMs fault.

scorpi05

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest BBM 1.0.2.114 and it's crashing on me every time I click 'Contacts'. Does anyone know how I can revert back to BBM version 1.0.1?

Thanks

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Apple updates the OS, third party developers have to adjust their apps.
Doesn't seem like RIMs fault.

That`s what happened to me. I upgraded to 7.0.3 then a day later BB came out with the fix. They seemed on the ball.

rbrar03

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Seriously need to get off the haterate. There is a fix out for this and the root cause was from Apple removing a Font from the update.

WOW what a shock....BBM is not working properly after an update. Deja vu just like the good or bad old days. Sure am glad I left BBM behind when I left BB behind. Moving on to iphone and iMessage just seems to work right and go together for me anyway. As I asked in an earlier post...I wonder the % of people that will drop it and uninstall in I give a week - 2 tops. :) I know this is going to be hit or miss but the mere fact that this thread was written makes me write this.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi Qbnkelt, did you install BBM before the 7.0.3 update or after?

Both....I installed BBM when it first came out, and it was working at 1:00 a.m. the next morning. By the time that 7.0.3 came out I'd been using it constantly. I upgraded when the fix came out but frankly there was nothing to fix for me, I experienced no crashes. Before or after. I'm baffled by all this.

anon3230140

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
WOW what a shock....BBM is not working properly after an update. Deja vu just like the good or bad old days. Sure am glad I left BBM behind when I left BB behind. Moving on to iphone and iMessage just seems to work right and go together for me anyway. As I asked in an earlier post...I wonder the % of people that will drop it and uninstall in I give a week - 2 tops. I know this is going to be hit or miss but the mere fact that this thread was written makes me write this.

Either your girl cheated on you using BBM or you're just mad that other IOS users have the free will to choose to use BBM along with Imessage, WhatsApp etc.. Not like anyone is even saying they're not gonna use the other apps too.

Dude.. you need a psychatrist or at least some kind of help cos if even you read over your posts all over this site in regards to BBM you must be embarrassed. People who cannot allow others to have a choice or accept change and open minded people are of the same stock as people who are racists, homophobic and the like.

Calm down. Nobody is bothered that you don't want to use it. That's perfectly ok.

:cant-watch:

Last edited:

Fortheus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
They released another bug fix today.
Yesterday I leave the iMore group yet I still get notification but when I open BBM no unread message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
They released another bug fix today.
Yesterday I leave the iMore group yet I still get notification but when I open BBM no unread message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm getting a similar issue now too (if I understand what you're saying). I was talking to someone just now and I saw a notification on my phone that the person responded to me, but when I went into BBM the message wasn't there. It still isn't. I don't know what's going on. I haven't had that issue before now.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk