Battery on fully charging

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So how exactly does the charging work? I wake up to the phone being charged anywhere from 92 to 100 %? Is there something wrong with the phone or how does the iphone charge?

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
That's been happening to everyone. Have you updated to 5.0.1? I guess (and I'm not an expert) when it reaches 100% it stops charging. When it reaches 90% it charges back up. (that's what I read, anyways!)

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes you may have a faulty phone or charger. But, keep in mind that the phone will charge up to 100% and then turn the charge circuit off, until the charge drops to some value, which appears to vary from device to device, then will charge back up again to 100%. So, it you leave blue tooth, wifi, push and 3g on all the time, they will be draining the battery down during the time the charge circuit is turned off. As long as you don't need the iPhone while it's charging, put it in "Airport" mode. During the day turn off anything you don't need, such as wifi, 3G, push, location and blue tooth. My battery last 2 to 3 days with light to moderate usage.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never noticed my battery going down while on the charger. Every time I wake up it shows 100%. If it downs go down it charges back up by the time I remove it in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So how exactly does the charging work? I wake up to the phone being charged anywhere from 92 to 100 %? Is there something wrong with the phone or how does the iphone charge?

92% is way low. Once the battery reaches 100% after a few hours at that level, it will drop down a % or 2 then trickle charge back to 100%. When charging overnight you may not see this. You will notice this if the device has been plugged into a charger for a longer period of time, (i.e. days or weeks). This keeps the battery from overcharging and to stay in good condition. This is also why at least once a month you should let the battery level drop into the red zone (about 20%) then charge fully. Note: I did not say completely drain....

I hope this helps in your situation.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have tried a few different chargers so if there is something wrong it would have to be with the phone? Is there anything I should try? It gets to 100% but it will be as low as 92.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have tried a few different chargers so if there is something wrong it would have to be with the phone? Is there anything I should try? It gets to 100% but it will be as low as 92.

If I were you I would try and get a new device. Once the phone reaches 100% it should not drop 8%. That is a lot. Just for the peace of mind get another device.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Mine has done that also a few times. I noticed it one morning when I woke up with my phone on the charger all night long. I got up and unplugged it and it was at 92%. I didn't think anything of it until now, thinking maybe my cats had knocked the plug loose out of the wall or something. Last night, it was at 97% while on the charger, but this morning it was at 100%.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah yesterday morning it was at 100 % but now this morning it was at 92% again. I might try a factory reset tonight and if that doesn't work I am going to get it replaced! 500 bucks with a contract the phone should be flawless!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods