Battery not charging to 100%

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
About a month ago I noticed my battery percentage would not charge to 100% anymore. It would always just top out at 98%. I search help forums on Apple and found a few solutions. One was to power the phone off and on, one was to wipe the phone and start fresh, one post said to drain your battery to 0% then charge the phone up to 100% and this would fix the problem. I tried all of them and only the depleting the battery to 0% worked. But it only worked for about a week. Now my phone tops out at 97%. I can’t find any explanation why it does this. Is there an issue with my battery? I’ve only ever used Apple chargers.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The charge rate slows down when getting to the last few percent. I’ve noticed that 13 does that from time to time when I use the Apple 20 watt. I just unplug it and plug it and it will top off. Now it could be that I’ve checked my phone too soon, I’ve never paid attention to how long my phone has been plugged in. I’ve never noticed it when plugged into the car usb or an old crappy multiport USB A :)no:) charger I have in the kitchen.

Just try unplugging and plugging it back in and giving it awhile. Or just leave it plugged in and see what happens.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
The charge rate slows down when getting to the last few percent. I’ve noticed that 13 does that from time to time when I use the Apple 20 watt. I just unplug it and plug it and it will top off. Now it could be that I’ve checked my phone too soon, I’ve never paid attention to how long my phone has been plugged in. I’ve never noticed it when plugged into the car usb or an old crappy multiport USB A :)no:) charger I have in the kitchen.

Just try unplugging and plugging it back in and giving it awhile. Or just leave it plugged in and see what happens.

I’ll try unplugging and plugging back in. Yesterday it was on the charger for about 2.5 hours.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox