Battery Life

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday evening my X heated and I noticed that battery drains rapidly. It seems that Coinbase app drained 41% of the battery in last 24 hours with just 1 minute screen and 6 min of background!?
And youtube with 1:40 hours of usage 37% precent. That doesnt seem normal.

781e2a34f6935ba52bd6e116b42c7de1.jpg

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Got my X on Launch Day. Battery Health 2 weeks ago was 100%. I checked it again this morning and it was at 97%. I keep my X on a Qi certified wireless charger while at home and work whenever I'm not using it. My charge rarely drops below 80%. Once every 2 or 3 months I'll let it run down to 10-20%. I've heard this can be good for battery meter calibration. I do not consider myself a heavy user but in the last few weeks I've been watching more YouTube videos on the phone. That might have something to do with the recent drop...

Ever since my Palm Pre I've tried to keep my batteries charged. I've never really had any issues doing this despite warnings from the media that this is bad. I gave my father my old iPhone 6. That thing is almost 4 years old now. The battery life is still in the mid 80's.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Got my X on Launch Day. Battery Health 2 weeks ago was 100%. I checked it again this morning and it was at 97%. I keep my X on a Qi certified wireless charger while at home and work whenever I'm not using it. My charge rarely drops below 80%. Once every 2 or 3 months I'll let it run down to 10-20%. I've heard this can be good for battery meter calibration. I do not consider myself a heavy user but in the last few weeks I've been watching more YouTube videos on the phone. That might have something to do with the recent drop...

Ever since my Palm Pre I've tried to keep my batteries charged. I've never really had any issues doing this despite warnings from the media that this is bad. I gave my father my old iPhone 6. That thing is almost 4 years old now. The battery life is still in the mid 80's.

The Palm Pre was the first phone that I had that gave me real battery health. It was ahead of its time.

My X is only 11 months old and with heavy use it’s at 89% but I don’t worry about it. I charge it overnight and in the car late in the day if needed

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm at 100% health still. Had it since launch day, mixture of wired charging with the 12W iPad charger, 7.5W wireless with the Mophie pad from Apple, and wired charging via USB in my vehicle. Mix of email, social media, and casual gaming use on it since the beginning. Not sure why I have 100% health still and others have much lower.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Went to the Apple store on Wednesday than returned on Thursday 12/20. They had my battery ready for install. Took about 2 hours to take care of it. Cleaned my speaker grills and my charging slot from the dust it had. Said I wasn’t qualified for the $29 battery because I had the X. Had AppleCare plus so they didn’t charge me anything. They also replaced the speaker because they had to take it out to get at the battery. Now I’m at 100% again.

Hooray! I think.

I think I should be good for awhile. Don’t really plan on upgrading next year so this iPhone should last me another year. Maybe till 2020. 2018 was the first year that I didn’t upgrade my iPhone. Didn’t really care about the Xs. The Max wouldn’t fit in my leg pocket on my carpenter pants so that iPhone was out.

As long as the X keeps working I might even skip next year too. We’ll see what happens.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Went to the Apple store on Wednesday than returned on Thursday 12/20. They had my battery ready for install. Took about 2 hours to take care of it. Cleaned my speaker grills and my charging slot from the dust it had. Said I wasn’t qualified for the $29 battery because I had the X. Had AppleCare plus so they didn’t charge me anything. They also replaced the speaker because they had to take it out to get at the battery. Now I’m at 100% again.

What % was your battery at when you brought it in? I thought about mine since it's at 98% after a year+ finally and I have AppleCare+ due to using the iPhone Upgrade Program (mandatory to have it) but I looked at the info on it and it says battery replacement requires the battery to be at 80% or below. I'm not worried at the moment since it tells me I'm still at full performance so it's not going to even try to throttle it yet, and if/when it does get to that point I'll likely shut the throttling off as long as it's still an option and I'm not able to get the battery replaced.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What % was your battery at when you brought it in? I thought about mine since it's at 98% after a year+ finally and I have AppleCare+ due to using the iPhone Upgrade Program (mandatory to have it) but I looked at the info on it and it says battery replacement requires the battery to be at 80% or below. I'm not worried at the moment since it tells me I'm still at full performance so it's not going to even try to throttle it yet, and if/when it does get to that point I'll likely shut the throttling off as long as it's still an option and I'm not able to get the battery replaced.

The 80% is no longer a threshold except for free warranty replacements (80% with fewer than 500 charge cycles) - Apple will replace if you insist. But the web site says that they will only do it once per iPhone, so you have to decide if now at $29 is worth it, or whether you should wait until the battery is at worse health and spend the increased price ($69) starting January 1.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

I think it was about 88 or 89%. I don’t think it was lower than that. Maybe 87% but no lower for sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh