Battery life

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How long the battery lasts depend on one's usage. For me, my battery typically last all day and half the night on a single charge, and I typically charge my iPhone while I'm asleep. Your mileage may vary.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
How long does the battery normally last ?

Both for users with the 6s, 7 and 7 plus.

I wanna compare ?

Obviously the iPhone 7 Plus will last the longest. So that would be my first choice.
When comparing the 7 to 6s. You looking at 90 minutes or so difference. Nothing to write home about.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
When will Apple start including 3000MAh batteries that allow us to use it without having the fear we'll run out of juice?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Not until they start caring more about function over being paper thin.

The battery life on my 7 Plus blows any other phone out there out of the water. They're going to do what it takes to sell phones and thinness is in high demand.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I can get a good 24 hours out of mine. That's with push notifications on, Apple Watch connected and a workout or two during the day. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy user but certainly not light either.

lizcwizard

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 5S goes from 88% Battery to 38% overnight, doing nothing. When I plug it into my laptop to charge, it seems to take about an hour or more to fully charge. What's going on?

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I have a Mophie battery case on my 7 mainly because I use the wireless charging capability but I really never have to turn it on. When I do I end up with about 80% battery left when I go to bed.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The battery life on my 7 Plus blows any other phone out there out of the water. They're going to do what it takes to sell phones and thinness is in high demand.

Eh no its not because of Thinness. If that was the case all phones would be sub 6mm thick. Not to mention moto and others can do it with being same thickness as apple. That is a weak excuse.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Eh no its not because of Thinness. If that was the case all phones would be sub 6mm thick. Not to mention moto and others can do it with being same thickness as apple. That is a weak excuse.

So you're saying that Apple puts smaller batteries in its devices just because it feels like it? That doesn't add up to me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying that Apple puts smaller batteries in its devices just because it feels like it? That doesn't add up to me.

A simple Google search shows plenty of devices with 5.5" screens that are similar to or a tad thicker and have much larger batteries than the plus models. Apple always went small on batteries, hence the "wall huggers" commercials from samsung.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
A simple Google search shows plenty of devices with 5.5" screens that are similar to or a tad thicker and have much larger batteries than the plus models. Apple always went small on batteries, hence the "wall huggers" commercials from samsung.

Oh I'm not arguing that whatsoever; I'm just stating that there must be a reason behind their decision to have less battery capacity. What I don't get is what is using up the extra space if not battery (we know it's not a headphone jack!). There is literally not a square millimeter to spare. I'm intrigued what's going to happen if they allegedly make the bezel smaller.

It can also be argued that Apple simply doesn't need to have the same battery size of Android counterparts in order to achieve the same--or better--battery life. If they can make up the difference in efficiency then who cares how big the battery is?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm not arguing that whatsoever; I'm just stating that there must be a reason behind their decision to have less battery capacity. What I don't get is what is using up the extra space if not battery (we know it's not a headphone jack!). There is literally not a square millimeter to spare. I'm intrigued what's going to happen if they allegedly make the bezel smaller.

It can also be argued that Apple simply doesn't need to have the same battery size of Android counterparts in order to achieve the same--or better--battery life. If they can make up the difference in efficiency then who cares how big the battery is?

Well overtime battery doesn't hold up as well. iPhones start out solid with battery but drop over time. The added battery would be very welcome, especially on the smaller iPhones

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been pleasantly surprised that I arrive home each evening with at least 60% battery life, this is even using Bluetooth with my Apple Watch. I must say the moment i arrive at work I'm on wifi, which I believe helps greatly.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I've been pleasantly surprised that I arrive home each evening with at least 60% battery life, this is even using Bluetooth with my Apple Watch. I must say the moment i arrive at work I'm on wifi, which I believe helps greatly.
That's indeed a good battery life. What about the screen on time? Do you tend to use it much during the day?