Battery life vs iPhone 7 Plus

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I might be upgrading from the 7 Plus to either the XS Max or XR next month. One of my biggest concerns when it comes to upgrading is battery life. Right now my 7 Plus can last a full day with certain settings disabled and less than a day with every setting turned on. According to official specs, the XS Max lasts about the same as the 7 Plus and the XR lasts two hours more. These specs are on average.

For those of you who upgraded from a 7 Plus or 8 Plus to the XS Max, is the battery life better, the same, or worse? I asked this question a few months ago in the XR forum on here and everyone there says that the XR can easily last more than a day.

The display is another concern for me. OLED vs LCD. I have tested both the XR and XS MAX our and both displays seem suitable to me, however the XS Max is slightly better with HDR and Dolby10.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, members who are currently using an iPhone XS Max will reply soon. Tis the season so responses may not come as quickly as one would like so please be patient. Thanks.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully, members who are currently using an iPhone XS Max will reply soon. Tis the season so responses may not come as quickly as one would like so please be patient. Thanks.

Thank you for your response. I will await replies from users of the XS Max.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a IPhone 8+ to a Max. Battery life with Max seems better for me, have no problem to manage 2 days on one charge

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
That’s excellent! My 7 Plus was perfect on iOS 10.3.3, then it took a hit on iOS 11 and even more on iOS 12.

OK, had one issue with my Ip 8+ and that was a app store battery drain. Had this issue for a while but it fixed itself. Otherwise my Ip8 + had a great batterylife. With Ip8 + and now with my Max I have totally changed my battery charging rutin. Never charge overnight now days, charge it when I can during the day just to topp it up if needed.

With previous phones I always charged overnight just to be sure it would survive all day, don't need to do that anymore and its great.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have both 7 Plus and XS Max, the XS Max definitely has better battery life. Mine with moderate use can easily last two days.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm still getting more than a day on one charge with my 7 Plus with everything on and some Pokémon Go playing.

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I have wireless chargers laying around from the time I owned Android phones. I’m going to stow them because they just take up space now. I also owned the 6 and 7 Pluses and the Max is very similar in battery life. I’m at 66% right now with typical use at the end of the day.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your comments. It looks like I might have to wait a little longer to upgrade. I will most likely get the Xr because the price of the Xs Max is too much for me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a two year old 7 Plus (original battery) to my Xs Max, and the two year old battery wasn't a match for my new Xs Max to be honest. Needless to say I'm very happy with my decision to upgrade. Waiting the two years before upgrading allowed me to appreciate a "real" upgrade for once.

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from an 8 Plus to a XS Max and battery life is better, take into account that the 8 Plus lasted me an entire day with normal use

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from a two year old 7 Plus (original battery) to my Xs Max, and the two year old battery wasn't a match for my new Xs Max to be honest. Needless to say I'm very happy with my decision to upgrade. Waiting the two years before upgrading allowed me to appreciate a "real" upgrade for once.

After upgrading on Friday from the 7 Plus to the XS MAX, the battery life has been excellent for me as well! I’m keeping it for two years at a minimum also.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded from an 8 Plus to a XS Max and battery life is better, take into account that the 8 Plus lasted me an entire day with normal use

I had the same battery life with the 7 Plus and my XS MAX so far has great battery life!

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I had iPhone 7 Plus and now I bought iPhoneXsMax on 23 April
What i feel is, iPhoneXsMax provide better battery performace(till now) with respect to my old iphone7Plus
I used to charge my phone while i goto sleep but now, i don't need to charge my phone that much frequntly, there won't be any problem if i miss charging of my phone.

Thanks

I agree!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods