Battery life Series 5

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Mine is the small. That should not matter. Mine was horrible at first

Later. Sorry.

Yeah 40mm for me too. I heard the 44 has a larger battery. Apple chat support had me do a diagnostic test and of course nothing was wrong with the results. They are looking further now, I told them I am not getting 18 hours and I am not even using the watch for a 60 min exercise which they include in the 18 hour life expectancy

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have HeartWatch installed on mine, but none of those others.

One way to diagnose would be to remove each of those apps, one a day, and see if removing the app stops the battery drain. It really could be a bad app. It's too bad that Apple doesn't have the same battery usage report for the watch that they have for the iPhone. Maybe someday.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have HeartWatch installed on mine, but none of those others.

One way to diagnose would be to remove each of those apps, one a day, and see if removing the app stops the battery drain. It really could be a bad app. It's too bad that Apple doesn't have the same battery usage report for the watch that they have for the iPhone. Maybe someday.

Apple support is going to have me use the watch as normal and let it die for 3 days, then they will run the diagnostic test to determine the battery drain

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I know concerns going to the mall but if you are practicing the protocol you should be alright. Mask and social distancing. I work optical. We are at the mall. We have protocols in place
Apple store is at the mall. They are appt only and I see them taking all precautions. It is appointment only. I would go in person. Seeing it is better than being diagnosed over the phone

I hope it gets resolved for you

It could be a bad app as mentioned prior. I had a bad app on my iPhone and I had to do a complete restore.

Apple will want to know u did a restore first. Not a soft reset but a complete restore

Good luck