Battery life draining quickly again after replacement

LPariseau

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I replaced the battery on my iPhone 6 when the $29 offer appeared from Apple. For about 3 months, the new battery really made a difference - it charged super quickly and lasted all day. I've noticed in the past 3 weeks that things are slowing down again (e.g.. takes forever to load my Facebook pages), and the battery is only lasting about 1/2 the time it did when I first replaced it. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, what have you been able to do about it? thanks.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
There may have been something wrong with the battery or charger. New batteries are not supposed to charge super quick. That’s a sign of a degrading battery.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I replaced the battery on my iPhone 6 when the $29 offer appeared from Apple. For about 3 months, the new battery really made a difference - it charged super quickly and lasted all day. I've noticed in the past 3 weeks that things are slowing down again (e.g.. takes forever to load my Facebook pages), and the battery is only lasting about 1/2 the time it did when I first replaced it. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, what have you been able to do about it? thanks.

Have you recently installed an app that may have turned rogue? Go to the settings to see what’s consuming a good chunk of your battery life.

LPariseau

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
nothing new installed things are just getting progressively slower. My husband had his battery replaced about 2 months after I did and his has started to slow down and his battery is not lasting as long as it initially did. His slowed down as did mine when we updated the iOS.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
nothing new installed things are just getting progressively slower. My husband had his battery replaced about 2 months after I did and his has started to slow down and his battery is not lasting as long as it initially did. His slowed down as did mine when we updated the iOS.

Give it time. It may be apps trying to adjust to the new OS. Give it more time. You might try swiping all your apps out of multitasking. That might calm them down. Then do a hard reset (reboot). See if that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73