Battery life depleted after 3 years

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Past month my phones battery has broken down. Was at 83% life. Now showing 79% and should be serviced. How come after 3 years it does this. My friends with android joke with me when I pull out a charging pack. There’s get way better life. It’s like it’s purposely drains out fast forcing repair or upgrade.
What can I do on next one to prevent this? It seems to be a trend with iPhones the batteries never last.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
iPhone batteries are usually smaller in size compared to their Android phone counterparts. That will cause them to have a shorter lifespan, simply because you will be charging/discharging faster.

I believe newer iPhone phones have a slightly bigger battery (especially the Pro models).

Apple did publish a list of tips and tricks on prolonging your battery-powered device’s battery lifespan: https://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/maximizing-performance/#mn_p

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
-My battery is now at 76% health on a three year old iphone. While there is the internet and Apple guidance that 79% is some precise line, it isn’t. It still functions very well and I still get a full day of general use. Also, There isn’t an iPhone 6+ in use that is above 79% battery health and that is an old model that still gets full os updates. I know because the GF still stubbornly sticks with it and it is an OG battery.
-Tell your friends to look up the resale value comparison. Or show them almost any performance benchmark. Best, tell your friends that their phone’s OS support percentage will soon be dropping a lot faster than battery health. (See iPhone 6+, proceed to laugh at Android phones of that age).
-Your opinion is Apple is purposefully rigging their product for you to have to repair it or replace it sooner. That’s your opinion. But then isn’t it an outrage that most Android phone makers are purposefully not making devices that receive OS updates as long? They are purposefully doing this, no?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
-My battery is now at 76% health on a three year old iphone. While there is the internet and Apple guidance that 79% is some precise line, it isn’t. It still functions very well and I still get a full day of general use. Also, There isn’t an iPhone 6+ in use that is above 79% battery health and that is an old model that still gets full os updates. I know because the GF still stubbornly sticks with it and it is an OG battery.
-Tell your friends to look up the resale value comparison. Or show them almost any performance benchmark. Best, tell your friends that their phone’s OS support percentage will soon be dropping a lot faster than battery health. (See iPhone 6+, proceed to laugh at Android phones of that age).
-Your opinion is Apple is purposefully rigging their product for you to have to repair it or replace it sooner. That’s your opinion. But then isn’t it an outrage that most Android phone makers are purposefully not making devices that receive OS updates as long? They are purposefully doing this, no?

Yeah not my opinion on them rigging it. I’ve only ever had iPhones. I can tell it’s shot. It’s warm and not charging. Especially when using navigation. Time to upgrade I guess

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah not my opinion on them rigging it. I’ve only ever had iPhones. I can tell it’s shot. It’s warm and not charging. Especially when using navigation. Time to upgrade I guess

You don't have to upgrade. If the phone still answers all your needs, you can opt to have your battery replaced :)

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Apple recommends replacing your battery below 80% Below 80% you should consider replacing the phone or the battery. Me personally, below 90% and I'm, replacing the phone.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
I got a secondhand iPhone 11 and battery was 81%. I had it changed at Apple Store for £69. Was worth doing. Getting decent life from it now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro