Battery issues after updating to IOS 10

pinorally

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my phone dies as soon as It go down to 50% of battery. My iPhone 6 is 2 years old, could this be the problem? Any help will be very appreciated!

Last edited:

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Was this only after the iOS10 update?
Sometimes a new os needs to settle in, try to do a full charge to initiallize the battery percentage.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Maybe try a full discharge then? Even if it shuts down, just restart and see if it still works.
Have you got the battery percentage showing?

And maybe a factory reset could help? After two years that can give your phone an extra boost again in performance.

pinorally

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes I got the battery percentage, but often doesn't show the real percentage...very strange. Not comfortable with a factory reset, I am scared something could go wrong. I am tempted to buy a new battery...

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it's battery related, but software.

I know it might be scary to do a reset, but with most things being in the cloud, if you work with iCloud. You won't loose data. Only setting up stuff again tales a bit of time.
Maybe first contact apple support about this to see what they say. Else you might unnecessary spend money.

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I've been having somewhat similar issues, my 6 often dies at 30-40%. I had an authorized Service place run on a test on mine and the battery was still rated at a high 80%, so I'm guess it's software related. I'd restore my phone but I've got some things going at the moment where I really need it. It is getting tiresome only having a phone that lasts a few hours of use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janinv23