Battery help for a new user

j0hn00

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my first iPhone a few weeks ago.

After a day's use, I plug my phone in before I go to sleep and then unplug it after 7 hours or so when I wake up. The phone is usually at 98% in the morning. I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night and have seen my phone at 100%.

Is my phone charging to 100%, then cutting off the charge and then running on battery?

I've done a Google search and have followed suggestions in completely discharging my phone to recalibrate. I would just like to know that I don't have a defective unit.

j0hn00

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I've done 2 calibrations this past week. My phone will be at 100% only the morning after the calibration and an overnight charge. After that one day, I get the same 2% or so drop while plugged in.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
worst case scenario, bring it to an apple store for an exchange... i'm assuming its a nearly new phone...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you try rebooting the phone? ... Normally fixes the issue, hold the power button and home button down until you see the apple logo. Do this after you unplug in the morning, your 98% should show as 100%

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I've done 2 calibrations this past week. My phone will be at 100% only the morning after the calibration and an overnight charge. After that one day, I get the same 2% or so drop while plugged in.

Sounds like something may be wrong with the battery. Apple should replace it for you no questions if that's what you tell them.

j0hn00

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I've rebooted several times. It's not a big issue right now. Losing 2% or so a night is no big deal. I'm just worried that it will get worse with time. I'll swing by an Apple store this weekend. Thanks for the help.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I've not had this problem at all, and definitely would recommend getting it checked out now while it is only 2% so it doesn't become a larger issue later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2