Batman Arkham Knight (No Spoilers)

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I got Arkham Knight at midnight on release and others talked about it in other threads so I wanted to start a thread about it. I'm about 30% through the main story and thus far, the game is an utter masterpiece. Incredible storytelling mixed with the improved combat makes becoming the Batman a complete joy. A couple reviews knocked the use of tanks as a very unlike Batman trait and therefore a drawback, but Batman is adaptable and the tanks have been brought into Gotham by the Arkham Knight, so I don't think it's far fetched that he would adapt the Batmobile to fight them off. Plus, Bane stole the tank-like cars from his armory in The Dark Knight Rises in which he used the Bat to destroy and Christopher Nolan's trilogy was considered an instant yet accurate classic, so I don't understand the issue, it's somewhere below nitpicking as far as I'm concerned.

How is everyone else liking it?

Also, as the title illustrates, please no spoilers. We don't want to ruin it for people who haven't started or gotten very far.

Irvine08

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Not a fan of super hero game. But I really love batman the most in DC comics and your review really motivates me to buy this game even though I'm pretty late in buying it.

CaffeineBomb

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Sort of enjoyed it, it wasn't as good as the other Arkham games imo but it was still a really good game. Excellently made, not too buggy (on console anyway) and with great art and audio design.

The tanks/batmobile just felt so forced they annoyed me. They didn't fit the setting and far too many of the missions and side missions forced the use of the Batmobile. I think I spent too much time feeling like a crappy tank/race driver and not Batman.

There were some great sections in the game, but after a couple of months they're all very forgettable. The only thing that really stands out for me was their handling of the Joker and Mark Hammil's performance. It was brilliant, great narrative device and performance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice