Barnes & Noble wants to save you from iPad reading with its new e-reader

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I be owned both the Kindle Paperwhite and the Nook. I still have a Kindle Paperwhite, but I can’t even begin to tell you where the Nook is.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a Kindle Oasis, but my main reading device is my Fold 3. Always with me and, the best part, I can log in with my two Amazon accounts at same time on this device. When I want to read a longer book, though, the Kindle is the king.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
There needs to be a unified solution to ebooks. With a regular paper book, I can take it anywhere and read it with no limits on where I purchased it or how. With a Kindle or Nook, I can’t read books purchased from Apple Books. With an iPad, I can read Kindle or Nook, but only from their respective apps. Each app has their own interface to lure you into their ecosystems. I can import certain formats, but usually lose features reserved for only proprietary ebook formats. I think it is a mess. I really need one central book case, like I have in my living room, not a bunch of different digital safes to store competitor’s proprietary restrictions on words.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the Kindle app on my iPad. I’m good.

I also use the Kindle App on both my iPad and iPhone. I prefer using it on my iPad but when I’m out and about my iPhone works fine. As for B&N, I am not a fan and don’t shop there!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Barnes & Noble wants to save you from iPad reading with its new e-reader

I use the Kindle app on iPhone and iPad for most of my reading, Bluefire reader for Gutenberg and Open library stuff and iBooks to park tech PDF’s This separates everything nicely !
I do not want and will not buy,another piece of hardware, I already have an old Kindle I never use !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2