Ballistic Cases

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone or does anyone tried/have the Ballistic cases for the iPhone 4? thoughts, Comments, etc.

I have the Black/White one. It's a big case. Bigger than the OtterBox Defender, but I like it for what it does. Which is protect your iPhone! If you are in Construction, a Fire man, Police, EM person, or just plain clumsy! :D The Ballistic HC (or OBD) is for you!

What I like/dislike about the BHC: (In no particular order)
- I really like the Holster. It's the Vertical type not the Horizontal like OtterBox went to.
- It is really too big to fit in pants pocket IMO. It needs a Holster. The OBD fits in pockets better.
-The silicon is nice and smooth. Not too sticky like OBD can be sometimes.
- People can hear you fine when talking on phone and speakers are still loud enough to be heard in case.
- I don't like to port flaps. They are fine but not same quality as OBD.
- I like that you can take Silicon off and just use the case as is. Slips in and out of pockets better this way and is still well protected. Some people use this as an every day case then when they need the extra protection they put on the Silicon. I personally don't care for it but YMMV. Some people really do.
- If you get a white one you will get the same problem as OBD of "Face Dialing". I use a headset most of the time so it is not a big deal for me.
- You will need to add an Anti-Glare screen protector to iPhone before putting it in the BHC case or you will get the "Water Mark" effect. The OBD for the 3G did this also but the screen protector eliminates it and does not effect the sensitivity of the screen.
- If you text a lot you may not like the BHC with the Silicon on it. The Silicon is really "high" of the screen and makes hitting the space bar hard. YMMV but I have FAT thumbs so it is a little difficult.

Overall I like and like I said if you want the Ultimate in protection or have a high impact job, like me, you need a BHC or OBD. Well worth it!! I personally use the OB Defender for my daily case but only because of the texting thing. Again Fat thumbs! If it weren't for that I would use the Ballistic.

Reactions: D2TSHR1439

D2TSHR1439

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks for all the input. I picked the White/Black one up for $10 online. My plan was to use it most of the time without the silicone. That was my main concern on how it worked (using it without silicone).

What do you mean with the issues with the white case? I am unfamiliar with those on the OBD or BHC.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
What do you mean with the issues with the white case? I am unfamiliar with those on the OBD or BHC.

Both the White OBD and BHC will NOT shut down when your face gets close to them on a phone call. It has to do with the Proximity sensor not detecting your skin. What happens is when your face gets close to the screen on a phone call, sometimes your face will touch the screen. If the screen is not "off" then you can accidentely hit the "Speaker", "Mute" or "Dial" buttons. It just annoying. I have learned to hold the screen away from my face when I am not using a BT headset. Not all iP$ do this though. Mine does but my sons does not. Go figure!