Bagfuls of hurt

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Once you've purchased the product, why are the ad's and trailers forced on you? This wasn't the case for a LONG time with regular DVD's, you had a section of trailers, you had a section of ad's, you had a section of bonus features and extras and you had the movie. I don't care if the product has the stuff on it, but don't force feed it to me and make me HAVE to skip over the stuff! You can't use the theater analogy in the same way because the theater pays for a lot more than the movie with the trailers, ad's and extra stuff before the movie...when I'm at home, I'm watching a blu-ray on a player that I purchased, on a TV that i purchased, and on a disc that i purchased...the ad's and trailers should not be front runners to the movie at home, it should be the opposite.

Aside from the technical aspect of programming the system to prevent the user from skipping straight to the disk menu, what gets me is WHY that crap is even included on a DVD or BD disk. At least when in the theater, the ads and coming attractions are topical. When you go to the theater to watch "The Last Stand", you're going to get coming attractions for "Parker" or "Hansel And Gretal" or "John Dies At The End". Fine, those movies aren't out yet. But on disks in my collection at home, I have "coming attractions" for movies that came and went years ago. And, of course, I still have to manually skip them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2