Bad ESN's Shameful

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriends daughter and boyfriend signed up for a Framily plan on sprint and lasted two months canceled for non-payment they want me to reset the phones for sale I'm reluctant i want to help I will list them as having a bad ESN on eBay but not sure what there worth

They can't get them unlocked so international use is out it's basically Dev phones or a nice looking iPod

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sprint doesn't want them back according to them but I plan on following up with them first
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1396646744.516702.jpg

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Can you see if they'll credit you for them? Possibly at least use it to close off some debt they owe?

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I told them to make payments till they catch up and have them turned back on. Kids these days there now on prepaid box phones. What a waste of two nice 5c's

Ikr? I just buy my phones outright to keep from being stuck in a no-win situation if my other bills win...

I'd never been the type to like to be in a contract. Mostly because I go through too many phones.

Such pretty 5c's though. =[

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I told them to make payments till they catch up and have them turned back on. Kids these days there now on prepaid box phones. What a waste of two nice 5c's

Honestly, the only options you have if you're going to help is what you already know. Sell it as a glorified iPod. Personally, I would tell them to sell the things themselves since they're the ones in the rut.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the only options you have if you're going to help is what you already know. Sell it as a glorified iPod. Personally, I would tell them to sell the things themselves since they're the ones in the rut.

Agreed. I'm sure we're all the go-to tech people in our families and group of friends, which I don't mind, but there's no way I'd help someone who did something so blatantly stupid. If you are too dumb and immature to fulfill your commitments, then it's your problem to rectify, not mine.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I'm sure we're all the go-to tech people in our families and group of friends, which I don't mind, but there's no way I'd help someone who did something so blatantly stupid. If you are too dumb and immature to fulfill your commitments, then it's your problem to rectify, not mine.

Crossed my mind but I got time and who doesn't want to play with someone else's iDevices

I decided not to sell them thou.

vjh425

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I've heard of phones with bad ESNs being flashed to cricket...I know nothing about this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They might take them back but I never heard if it ... Bad esn phones are sold all the time on eBay for parts etc. People do flash them to other carriers like cricket ... Metro etc

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If they don't pay their fees it will haunt their credit in the future. :(.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
You can take them to a sprint store and give them the phones and they'll credit your account.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊