Backlight on while charging?

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if im missing a setting or something, but is there a way to keep the backlight on the screen while the phone is charging?

I use my phone in my car constantly and dont want my screen turning off if im listening to music or using maps. I found today that the screen wont lock while its charging in the car, but the backlight goes off making it unviewable.

Am I missing something or is this not possible?

megiddo

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just go to settings > general > auto lock > never, that should do it for you. You will need to manually press the sleep/wake button on the top of your phone to put it on stand by.

mtbenti

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
As far as a navigation app, I use NAVIGON & everytime i've used it whether charging my phone or not the screen has never shut off because the app was in use

megiddo

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Your backlight will stay on until you put it to sleep manually. Works great when you are listening to iTunes at night and want to see the album art.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just go to settings > general > auto lock > never, that should do it for you. You will need to manually press the sleep/wake button on the top of your phone to put it on stand by.

What he said. That will keep the backlight on. That's how I keep my phone. Screen stays on until I manually turn it off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen