Backing up my Iphone

I

iMore Question

Hi! I am currently using an IPhone 4. I already ordered my new IPhone 5S. Thus, I am backing up data (contacts, pictures, etc) in my Iphone 4 to Microsoft Outlook which I will later synced to my new IPhone 5. However, not all the contacts (especially the recent ones) are not copied in Outlook. Why is this so? What should I do?

Thanks

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If they are stored in your iCloud account, it might be easier to go to iCloud in your browser, select contacts, select all contacts (Ctrl/Cmd+A) and select export vCard. You can then upload that file into Outlook and you'll have all of your contacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Darren's has some great information for you.
I will just add to go to your iCloud settings and select what you want to include in your backup. Back up your old phone. When you get your new phone you should be able to have all of the information transferred to you're new phone.
Congratulations on your new phone !

Sent from my iPhone5 using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Elizabeth iCloud is designed for new phone restoring, back up everything to iCloud and when you set up your new phone it will look exactly like your i4 icon placement phone settings you will have a duplicate of your current phone set-up

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW