Back to my precious iPhone 4S!

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So I bought a brand new Lumia 720 yesterday in black color. Came home, un-boxed it, turned it on and felt the screen resolution to be not great. It wasn't bad, but neither good.
Moving on, I had trouble syncing my google contacts with the phone. Had to make a new Outlook ID for Store to work.
I felt pleased to see that the OS was very responsive and lag-free. I installed all my needed apps like facebook, instagram, whatsApp, viber etc. Felt utterly disappointed by the unpolished apps of the WP8. I was so much used to the quality of iOS apps that WP8 apps felt incomplete or in beta.
The apps were slow, weren't good looking at all and I didn't had the best time of my life with them. The OS itself seemed boring, but not slow. The camera was amazing. Loved the HD selfies I took. :) It had a feature to double-tap to wake which was extremely awesome and probably the best feature in that phone. But that was pretty much of it. It was not working for me. My brand new WP8 Phone that I was so happy about, didn't worked for me.
I missed my iPhone 4S. Its glass and slight weight, its killer looks, its so much polished OS & Apps. I sold my new lumia 720 back (Had a huge loss) today and bought an iPhone 4S unlocked in black. I feel so much happier, and I really have much respect for iOS now. So in short, I came back folks.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey, here's the guy (me) who recently "downgraded" from the shiny 5s to the 4s. I love the size (a true palm size) and the slight heft of the 4s.
I am on the latest iOS 7.1.2 and see/feel no difference from the 5s (perhaps a very slight lag on certain CPU intensive apps). I jailbroke it to customize some aspects of the OS to my liking. It is the perfect setup for me. I use it as a pocket communicate with occasional use of certain apps (light browsing, quick Goole search, banking, weather and all that), and for any screen intensive work, I reach for my iPad Mini.
If the iOS 8 might deteriorate (slow) this rather old 4s model, I may not even update it to the OS 8. It functions perfectly as it is now. I know Apple has to keep updating the device to sell the products, but I do not have to follow their desire (I bought every single iteration of the iPhone from the first model all the way up to the 5s). I hope Apple would continue offering smaller sized device for those who want it.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey, here's the guy (me) who recently "downgraded" from the shiny 5s to the 4s. I love the size (a true palm size) and the slight heft of the 4s.
I am on the latest iOS 7.1.2 and see/feel no difference from the 5s (perhaps a very slight lag on certain CPU intensive apps). I jailbroke it to customize some aspects of the OS to my liking. It is the perfect setup for me. I use it as a pocket communicate with occasional use of certain apps (light browsing, quick Goole search, banking, weather and all that), and for any screen intensive work, I reach for my iPad Mini.
If the iOS 8 might deteriorate (slow) this rather old 4s model, I may not even update it to the OS 8. It functions perfectly as it is now. I know Apple has to keep updating the device to sell the products, but I do not have to follow their desire (I bought every single iteration of the iPhone from the first model all the way up to the 5s). I hope Apple would continue offering smaller sized device for those who want it.

Hey! I exactly have the same setup as yours. My iPhone 4S is on 7.1.2 with jailbreak. I use Activator and some other useful tweaks. I think the iPhone 4S is the best iDevice ever released. Its not even laggy or slow. It runs very smoothly on iOS 7.1.2. I'm glad I'm back to my iPhone 4S. :)

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The 4S is a great phone. In some respects I wish that the 5 and 5S were just taller versions of the 4S. However it is hard to say because there are some aspects of the 5/5S that look and feel better. But that's really the nature of Apple products. They all look so good and are built so well, that you really don't feel that slighted by having older hardware because it still looks and performs great.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
4S is a good device, and I was happy with it when it was my primary phone. Still have it, and repurposed as an iPod.

I think the main thing that sets it back compared to the current generation phones is no 4G. 3G still works, of course. I won't mention screen size as that is often a personal preference.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think the main thing that sets it back compared to the current generation phones is no 4G. 3G still works, of course.

Yes, it is one of the major differences between the latest and the legacy iPhones, but I used to turn off the LTE when I had a 5s anyway. The way I use the phone (communications, banking and quick Google search etc. No difference in maps and navigation either), I did not see any need for the LTE, except when I really needed the fast downloading to browse something quick etc.
When I need the speed, my iPad Mini has an LTE SIM.
I am probably an anomaly but you can say that I finally returned to the basics, LOL.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen