Back to iPhone after a long time.

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Been an iphone fan since its launch 2007. Used to lineup and get every iphone till iPhone 6. After that I got bored and moved on to blackberry 10. Enjoyed it a lot till that OS died. Then moved onto windows phone and used it for a court or of years. After that tried every android phone there is. But somehow couldn’t hold on to one for more than a few months

So here I’m finally - with iPhone X. I found its design is something new after a long time and using it for a day now.

Still getting used to iOS again and gestures.

Hopefully I’ll keep this phone for at least 6 months.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I was the same way. Get iPhone. Get bored with it. Get many Android phones. Not one of them really worked out for me. Go back to iPhone. Sometimes boring isn't bad.

The iPhone X is the only device I've consistently used since the fall releases last year. It's the only one I enjoy using.

Welcome back friend.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Every time I want to move to Android I think “I’ll have to relearn everything” so I don’t. I’m safe in the walled garden of . Welcome home. Haha

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Nice to see someone who used a lot of different platforms. Enjoy the iPhone X.

I've tried Symbian(Nokia E7), Meego (Nokia N9), Android (Samsung Galaxy S2, Nexus 6, OnePlus3T, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy Note 8), BB10 (Z10), Windows (Nokia Lumia 820), and iOS ( 6s, 7, 7 plus, 8 plus).

Except for the 8 plus, I returned or sold all the other iPhones within a week.

Using the 8 plus and Note 8 currently. Don't plan to sell any of these as there is nothing new in the industry. There is a dire need for a new platform IMO to break the duopoly.

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
I still miss my Lumia 950. Its a pity that Microsoft couldn’t keep that platform alive. It had everything and very simple to use. Main issue was lack of support from developers. Same as BB10

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I still miss my Lumia 950. Its a pity that Microsoft couldn’t keep that platform alive. It had everything and very simple to use. Main issue was lack of support from developers. Same as BB10

I agree. I was very comfortable with W10M, and my initial switches (2 times) to iOS had me going back to Windows (one time with a stop at Android along the way). There are still things I miss about W10M, mainly the UI, but I have forced myself to change to adapt to iOS, and for the most part I have been very happy. Having great hardware, like the X, makes that easier to do.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I, like many, sometimes enjoy the non-complexity of using an iOS device. It's often refreshing after something like Android, which can be great but takes effort, IME, to get it right.

The iPhone X is a perfect device when you need that breath of fresh air. Enjoy!

Andski1980

Mar 3, 2018
Visit site
Welcome back to the world of apple can I just say I done exactly that I've been with apple for about 4 years before that had ip3s and moved to htc and number of android phones could get used to them again back with apple and will never go back to android

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back and I was also a Blackberry 10 user and loved the OS, so it was an easy transition into the gesture concept on the iPhone X, enjoy your new new device.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome back to the iPhone family. The best part of iOS is that its very easy to get used to!! Enjoy your new device.

dmateo

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Welcome back and I was also a Blackberry 10 user and loved the OS, so it was an easy transition into the gesture concept on the iPhone X, enjoy your new new device.

Hey Bakron1, I remember you from the Crackberry forums as a long time BB user. Are you finally done with them?

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Update after a few weeks with iPhone X:

First time in a long time I haven’t boot d my beloved Lumia 950!!
Whenever I tried any android device (includes pixel 2/XL, Xperia XZ , Essential, Dtek60 and others), after a couple of days I’ll go back to Lumia.

With iPhone X I haven’t done that yet. It’s been a good experience so far. Love the dell and look of this phone more than anything else.

Miss the google now and google cards. I do have the app on iPhone. But it’s not integrated with iOS. Surprised to see Siri is so far behind on this. This whole assistant concept was invented by Apple and google and Cortana are better than Siri now

Other than that I’m enjoying the new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro