Average lifespan of an iPhone

pgodfrey1992

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
The battery will probably need to be replaced after 500 or so charge cycles. This is dependant upon how often and for how long the device is used. The more times you have to charge the battery the shorter and shorter the life of the battery will be. Iphone 5 battaries are commonly being replaced, with few iphone 6's are starting to be in need of replacement. After that, the phone should continue to work until apple decides to no longer support said devices. Mac's are considered obsolete after the reach their four year anniversary.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have coworkers still on 5S units because they still work.

And while not iPhone related, I still have a first gen iPad and first gen Apple TV, still use regularly.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
For those like my parents that don't need the latest and greatest iOS version there i4s will still get use for years to come

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I tend to upgrade every year or once every two years. The iPhone is great at being futureproof, I'd say it can last a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of who knows how long.

rumpelst

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
In Poland where iPhone is more expensive and earnings for the same work are one forth of this in US buying 1000 $ dollars phone every year would be regarded as a stupidity so people uses it for 2 years or longer. Quite often is also buying older models cause it is often much chipper with minor differences to a new model. Lifespan of iPhone is definitely much longer than Android making it a good deal even in such markets.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In Poland where iPhone is more expensive and earnings for the same work are one forth of this in US buying 1000 $ dollars phone every year would be regarded as a stupidity so people uses it for 2 years or longer. Quite often is also buying older models cause it is often much chipper with minor differences to a new model. Lifespan of iPhone is definitely much longer than Android making it a good deal even in such markets.

And you can extend the life with a new battery, which is less expensive than a new phone.

rumpelst

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
True altough in case od my iPad 2 which I have for 5 years at least it have same battery and even sometimes seem to work longer than iPad Pro 9,7

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR