Automatically Turn off Email Notifications in the evening and back on in the AM

TxGoatHead

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I am working to make family life a bigger priority and am hoping someone can help me with this.

Is there an automated way I can turn off email notifications in the evening at a certain time and turn them back on in the morning?

I do not want to stop texts or phone calls, and I would like emails to continue flowing, but I would like the device to automatically turn off the notifications.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless whatever mail app you’re using supports that function, I’m unaware of a way to do what you’re asking.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Why can’t you just ignore them? If you use a unique notification sound for emails you know it should be something to ignore as opposed to a text sound.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don’t think there’s a way to silence notifications for one service and not for others.

My suggestion, which is what I do, is to disable notifications for email. There’s no time limit on this, just turn off notifications for email. You’ll have to manually check your email to see new emails. It’s a pain, but that’s what I do for work emails only.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
As Just_Me_D alluded to, you can use an email app that supports it.

I personally use the Outlook app that has its own do not disturb feature for my work email, and I have nothing to complain about.

TxGoatHead

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your answer. I am using the standard iPhone Mail app. I tried to set it up using Shortcuts, as well as IFTTT, but neither can do what I was hoping for.

TxGoatHead

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, ignoring them is what I normally do, but the notification tends to irritate my SO.
Especially when we are doing something as a family.

TxGoatHead

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, this is what I have been doing for the last week. In order to facilitate it, I have set a reminder in the evening to turn off the notifications and one in the morning to turn them back on. I was just hoping to find a way to automate the process.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox