auto-brightness problem?

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
my auto brightness doesnt seem to be working at all? on or off if i have the slider on fully low or bright it doesnt adjust.

anyone else having issues? i did a search and couldnt find any related topics

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I remember correctly, the fix was something similar to this: turn off auto-brightness and then slide the lever to its dimmest position. Now move the slider to just slightly right of it dimmest position and then turn on auto-brightness. After that, allow bright light to shine on your screen. That was it. It worked for me. If I come across the thread that contained the instruction, I will post a link to it in this thread.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly, the fix was something similar to this: turn off auto-brightness and then slide the lever to its dimmest position. Now move the slider to just slightly right of it dimmest position and then turn on auto-brightness. After that, allow bright light to shine on your screen. That was it. It worked for me. If I come across the thread that contained the instruction, I will post a link to it in this thread.

that seemed to work. Thanks!
hopefully it sticks.
if you find that link id still like to check it out. thanks again

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
that seemed to work. Thanks!
hopefully it sticks.
if you find that link id still like to check it out. thanks again

You're very welcome and I sure will. I just returned home from testing out the iPhone 5 at a nearby Verizon store.

tlgem

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip :)
Mine gets brighter ok in bright light but diming back down is really slow
Think they need to tweek the software

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip :)
Mine gets brighter ok in bright light but diming back down is really slow
Think they need to tweek the software

Seems like this might not just be with the iPhone 5... My iPad mini is doing this

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems like this might not just be with the iPhone 5... My iPad mini is doing this

This has been fixed with the iOS 6.0.1 update, at least for many of us. When you enable auto-brightness, move the lever to your desired level of brightness in a low-lit area. Now go to a well lit area (preferably outside). Your screen should increase its brightness. Now go back to the low lit area and watch the level of brightness decrease back to the level you initially set it to.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This has been fixed with the iOS 6.0.1 update, at least for many of us. When you enable auto-brightness, move the lever to your desired level of brightness in a low-lit area. Now go to a well lit area (preferably outside). Your screen should increase its brightness. Now go back to the low lit area and watch the level of brightness decrease back to the level you initially set it to.

Looks like Just'D is a fan favorite :) Thanks for the fix!

smfa1965

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks much. Worked for me too. Glad I checked this thread as I thought my device was faulty. Hopefully this will help with my battery drain! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR