Australia demands Apple report on measures to tackle child sexual exploitation material

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Stuff like this irritates me because it tries to force businesses to be enforcers of the law in order to control what boils down to free speech. It’s a fine line, I know and we all have a responsibility to protect the youth. I get it. Still, it is not uncommon for lawmakers to create a law/bill and promote it to the public as a good thing while the primary contents of the bills are focused on things that aren’t good for the public.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Stuff like this irritates me because it tries attempts to force businesses to be enforcers of the law in order to control what boils down to free speech. It’s a fine line, I know and we all have a responsibility to protect the youth. I get it. Still, it is not uncommon for lawmakers to create a law/bill and promote it as good thing to the public while the primary contents of the bills are focused on things that aren’t good for the public.

Well said!!! I agree completely.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Not anything a government has a right to do, coercing business into acting as an arm of government has already gone way too far ! Particularly as the business is based in another country.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR