Attention Jailbreakers: Malware found in Cydia

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You'd have to have added a specific Chinese repository in order to get this bit of malicious code on your device from what I've read about it...

Still - It would be a good idea to check into this to assure you device(s) are not carrying this malware.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You'd have to have added a specific Chinese repository in order to get this bit of malicious code on your device from what I've read about it...

Still - It would be a good idea to check into this to assure you device(s) are not carrying this malware.

Thanks Keith.

I saw this, and honestly I don't know much about jb'ing. I didn't read too much into it so I didn't know how the root of the malware being invaded on your device could get there, but at the same time wanted to alert the jb community to this without causing an internet frenzy of panic about it. Thanks for the clarification of needing a Chinese repository to be present to having this risk of malware on ones' device. :)

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up, Pink. I really appreciate it. I'm sure those who jailbreak their devices might find this information interesting and informative. Thank you gain...:)

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
There is another case of this, this one is available right from the Big Boss Repo.

Another peice of possible malware has been found, and this one comes from a package on a default repo: BigBoss.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/co...reenshotalbum/
http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/co...cked_my_phone/

The latest version 1.2 of ScreenShotAlbum has malicious code that downloads and installs AppSafe.dylib from hxxp://www.gaoqing.mobi/dylib/api/checkupdate.php. According to the above reddit post, AppSafe.dylib appears to be

a malicious program which was made with the intent to steal ad revenue from other developers by replacing the ad IDs in their apps. It does not steal your data, it only modifies (Google's?) advertisement framework.

There are two apps made by this developer:

iSnapShot and SnapToShare.

Luckily, all they seem to do right now is redirect certain apps advertising to the advertising this malware wants so they get the money.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Just check your sources. Don't add repos that are unfamiliar or don't have proper information. Read into any tweak, application, theme you get.

Thanks for this heads up!

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
BOOM take that people without the arm64?
:)

This is why Apple won't make iOS open!!!
Nobody needs this kind of android BS

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73