Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In the article, you asked:
“Hey Siri! Turn the dining table on!”

Siri’s response:
“Do you mean the table lamp?”

Unless you have a powered “dining table”, I would’ve responded in the same manner as Siri.

darylbaxter

Features Editor at iMore
Staff member
May 24, 2023
Visit site
To be fair I've seen a few who call their lamps and blinds like this, just out of convenience because it's the one HomeKit appliance they have in that room.
Each to their own though!

aergern

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
In the article, you asked:
“Hey Siri! Turn the dining table on!”

Siri’s response:
“Do you mean the table lamp?”

Unless you have a powered “dining table”, I would’ve responded in the same manner as Siri.
In my Hue config which Homekit accesses ... my office closet Hue is literally just named Closet. So, her naming her IoT "dining table" is perfectly acceptable. Also, Siri often gets it wrong when I ask for it to turn on the closet. If you name a device, Siri should get this.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my Hue config which Homekit accesses ... my office closet Hue is literally just named Closet. So, her naming her IoT "dining table" is perfectly acceptable. Also, Siri often gets it wrong when I ask for it to turn on the closet. If you name a device, Siri should get this.

I agree. If the OP had indeed named the table light “Dining Table” and it is indeed a HomeKit accessory then Siri should respond accordingly. However, the OP did not state all of that

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It's staggering how little Siri has improved over the years compared to its competitors. It's getting even worse as new AI technology come to fruition.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73