at what point do you charge your iDevice?

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't really have a pattern... I think

I hardly let it run flat, tbh since I've owned it (sept 09) Its probably gone flat twice!

I'm constantly fiddling with it.. either games or net surfin or messaging.. so I guess I like to keep battery charge over 30%, therefore top up when I can at home, which often means using it whilst its plugged in.

But at work it's usually always connected to my work PC..it is now:D

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I just charge it every night before I go to bed, regardless of what percentage it's at. Some days it's at 40%, other days it's down all the way and shut down on its own.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Just every night before going to bed. Depending on my usage of course, I find it anywhere from 10% to 30% (I'm heavy user).

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I come from a time when batteries weren't as smart as they are today. There were all sorts of secret tricks and rules you'd have to know, or you'd kill your battery. You couldn't recharge a battery until it had fully discharged; otherwise, you'd limit the battery's capacity. Later years brought batteries that had to be "trained." Fully discharging and recharging multiple times.

Today's modern iPhone batteries are different. There's none of that to worry about. Charge your iPhone whenever you want. In the car? Charge it. Sitting at your desk for 10 minutes? Charge it. In fact, the only real trick to remember is to make sure the battery doesn't get too low. A study by Cadex found that many Li-ion batteries fail due to being over-discharged.

Your smartphone battery - like your smartphone itself - performs best when it's charged. There's no need to keep it at 100% all day, every day. But there's no reason to let your battery level fall into the red, either. Giving your iPhone a few minutes of power will do more good than harm, so go ahead.

golfnut

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
In fact, the only real trick to remember is to make sure the battery doesn't get too low. A study by Cadex found that many Li-ion batteries fail due to being over-discharged.

Is there any truth to this?? I've never heard of it and have always tried to totally discharge my phones when I could..

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
With the i4's battery life being so great there are times when I can go almost 2 days on a full charge, and that's with 7-8 hours of heavy usage. One of the reasons why I can't seem to completely switch to another phone like Android or BlackBerry..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It annoys me when it's lower than 80% but I never charge it until I get home before I go to bed. I've got my laptop and iPad so if it goes low I'll just stop using it for the rest of the time and then plug in when I'm home. I have never had my iPhone 4 die on me. My first gen and 3G it happened once or twice.

I used to be miserly about battery life I turned my screen down, push was off, notification was off and then I said if I'm not using the features of the device what is the point of owning it? So then I turned on the things I actually use and if it gets low I charge it I work in an office all day long anyway.

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I try to never let it run down below 40%. It just happens to do so when I charge overnight and the charger sometimes comes loose and I wake up to a dead phone. :( Luckily it doesn't take too long to charge back up.

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I charge my battery before I go to sleep at night and unplug it in the morning when I wake up. I have only made it 2 days on the phone once. I've had it for almost a month now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit