• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

AT&T reveals its iPhone 16 deals — get up to $1,000 off with an eligible trade-in

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but still through AT&T or another carrier. Carriers are bad.

I don’t plan to trade in my iPhone 14 Pro because I try to always have a backup device. Carriers will try to lock you in for years to make it so you can’t go elsewhere until you pay off the device.

Reactions: TNT

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don’t plan to trade in my iPhone 14 Pro because I try to always have a backup device. Carriers will try to lock you in for years to make it so you can’t go elsewhere until you pay off the device.

True, and those 3 year plans are horrible. You're lucky if your iPhone battery lasts 3 years. I got trapped with a Verizon 3 year promo deal in December 2022. Now my 14 Pro Max battery is at 85% battery health, with more than a year to go. If I pay off my 14 Pro Max, I lose the rest of the promo amount, and I pay $488.80 to pay it off. The original promo was $800 off. I won't do any more promos. And no more 3 year payment plans. I liked the 2 year plans much better. I'll pay off the 14 Pro Max in December, and trade-in and pay the rest full for the 16 Pro Max.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
True, and those 3 year plans are horrible. You're lucky if your iPhone battery lasts 3 years. I got trapped with a Verizon 3 year promo deal in December 2022. Now my 14 Pro Max battery is at 85% battery health, with more than a year to go. If I pay off my 14 Pro Max, I lose the rest of the promo amount, and I pay $488.80 to pay it off. The original promo was $800 off. I won't do any more promos. And no more 3 year payment plans. I liked the 2 year plans much better. I'll pay off the 14 Pro Max in December, and trade-in and pay the rest full for the 16 Pro Max.

You could always just replace the battery on the 14 pro max. Might be cheaper and less hassle.

But the 16 pro max is also beast, so….

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohammadreza