AT&T is offering free WIFI!

ivhs72

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Does it include "Premiere Wifi"? Looked on the site and was unable to find this info.

Click on the link "Get Started with ATT WiFi", it takes you to a page that lets you order either the basic or premiere, after you follow the connect instructions.

:D

ivhs72

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Found this on iPhone Alley. But here is the link to the AT&T page:

AT&T Wi-Fi | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

I don't see any really clear instructions on how to get the free access for the iPhone. The site keeps giving links to pages that have subscriptions to sign up for. :confused: What it sounds like is that if you have an iPhone, you can access their hotspots, but no iPhone connection details. :eek: Has anyone got any ideas how to?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I don't see any really clear instructions on how to get the free access for the iPhone. The site keeps giving links to pages that have subscriptions to sign up for. :confused: What it sounds like is that if you have an iPhone, you can access their hotspots, but no iPhone connection details. :eek: Has anyone got any ideas how to?

Clarification it is an offer for iPhone users:

AT&T knows Wi-Fi is hot, and free Wi-Fi even hotter, which is why we are proud to offer iPhone customers free access to the nation's largest Wi-Fi hotspot network with more than 17,000 hotspots, including Starbucks*.

As far as getting started I clicked on the Getting started link and here is the info:
Get started with LaptopConnect

Login to the AT&T Hot Spot web page with LaptopConnect.
Activate the wireless networking functionality on your laptop or Wi-Fi enabled device and look for the SSID "ATTWIFI."
Once connected to "ATTWIFI" you will be presented with options to order AT&T's Basic or Premier service.

I haven't tried this so I don't know if the order the basic part is the free version vs what Premier is. I guess the only way to find out is to go to a HotSpot and try this and report back.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm guessing that the first step in the connection process which talks about Laptopconnect does not apply to iPhones, but to there wireless cards and software for laptops so skip that step.