AT&T Cracking Down on MyWi Tethering?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
question; if we cannot tether via MyWi or through at&t, using our 'unlimited data plans'. then what is the use of the 'unlimited data plan'? (even up to 5gb) hours of YouTube??

has at&t just simply won and rendered the 'unlimited data plan' useless?

fivebawdy

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
don't know if ATT has won, but they got me beat (for now). I'm sure with all the clever ppl out there that's brought us jb'ing, carrier unlocking and so many ingenious jb apps, someone will eventually find a way to clear this new hurdle. So far, in theory, modifying TTL to 65 sounds promising but it's untested.

Power to the people!!!

Last edited:

sproctor61

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yea thats the problem, no idea how this can be tested to make sure it even works. I'd like some more technical info if possible, before I try it.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
From what I've found, I'd go with Tetherme....It uses the iPhone native iphone hotspot so it looks like iphone data to the carrier.... Hence its hidden..... PDANET is really slow.

I use tethering just for my iPad 2 and sometime my MBA

blaqman

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No Void In Contract

I'm surprised at how many of you just accept that since it seems wrong, it must be wrong. I have an unlimited data plan contract, and since I agreed to it before tethering was available, there is no mention of not allowing tethering. It seems to me that this is really a case of the populous being coerced by the powerful.
When high speed Internet and multiple home computers was an exploding business comcast and others were trying to charge Internet per computer. But this went to the supreme court and they LOST! They sell a point of service, and are not allowed to dictate what a customer does beyond that point.
This is the exact same thing. People need to fight this! They are just covering their asses for the too many people out there with unlimited plans, when they know they can charge more. So why not scare people and force people out of their contracts? That's the only way out of the giant unlimited data plan loop holes they've given us.

P.S.- I recently got both text an letter with only 5 gigs usage

otisore

May 21, 2011
Visit site
i've used TetherMe for the last 6 months or so and my data use has gone from 2gb a month to 4-5gb a month and i have not received a text or a letter...FYI...fingers crossed that this doesn't jinx me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77