AT&T Carrier Update (14.2)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I noticed another carrier update was pushed to my iPhone 4S last night - saw it when I grabbed my phone this morning. I checked and the government alerts are still in notification center and haven't changed. Anyone know what this update covered? It seems to be a mystery to most.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got an iPhone 5, what I've got is an iPhone 4S. I did notice yesterday that I got an emergency alert for floods in DC; that had never happened before.

What I can't figure out is where to find the settings for the Emergency Alerts to determine which alerts to get...I know that the Presidential alerts I can't get rid of, but I'm looking for the means to select/deselect the others.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't got an iPhone 5, what I've got is an iPhone 4S. I did notice yesterday that I got an emergency alert for floods in DC; that had never happened before.

What I can't figure out is where to find the settings for the Emergency Alerts to determine which alerts to get...I know that the Presidential alerts I can't get rid of, but I'm looking for the means to select/deselect the others.

At the bottom of SETTINGS / NOTIFICATIONS

GabrielStorm

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
my question is this. I have 14.1 on my iPad mini, but am not seeing the government alerts.

have the 4G LTE version of the mini. should i not also have those settings?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
my question is this. I have 14.1 on my iPad mini, but am not seeing the government alerts.

have the 4G LTE version of the mini. should i not also have those settings?

I've seen conflicting reporting on this... some places seem to indicate cellular iPads would be WEA capable at some point... and other reporting where it's only on phones... so perhaps it's still a work in progress... just know that when/if iPads can do WEAs... the settings will be where indicated above.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Has wireless alerts worked for anyone since getting the 14.2 update?

After the 14.1 carrier update, I got a few alerts. Since the 14.2 update nearly a month ago, I've gotten none, despite instances where I should have (weather alerts and the like). My iPhone 4S is not jailbroken.

I've tried contacting AT&T who say they don't control that, Apple does. I've contacted Apple and they don't know since it's an AT&T update.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR