AT&T BOGO?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I saw a few outlets (BGR, Engadget and a few others) report that AT&T will have BOGO for all iPhone 8 versions (as well and some Android devices) when preorders start. However, I haven't seen anything definitive from AT&T stating this. On their iPhone 8 deals page they only mention that you can get an iPad for $99 if you buy the iPhone an sign up for 2 year contract.

And another thing is these outlets are reporting that you only need to have DIRECTV or Uverse service. So nothing about one of the lines has to be new or eligible trade in. And even their current iPhone 7 trade in deal requires a new line of service.

So with all that said, is anyone aware of ATT really going a BOGO for the iPhone 8? Without those strings? I'm looking to confirm because I have 3 lines eligible for upgrade and getting a free iPhone is a no brainer. I'd even start a new line of service if I had to since I'm not under contract and cancel one of the others. I just don't want to spend the first few mins of preordering going through ATT site for the deal and turns out there isn't one when I could have been ordering the phone through Apple, which is my preference. Any thoughts?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Quick update. The BOGO offer is only for the iPhone 8. The plus you can get a second for $99. And you have to be a DirecTV customer (or sign up) and one must be for a new line. So a little different than what was being reported.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not a DIRECTV or Uverse customer, but still on AT&T and it tried to do the BOGO for me last night, with "Credits" back to the account as it's paid off. I did not want or need 2 iPhone 8's and you were still paying 2x per month on the NEXT program go get going.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am not a DIRECTV or Uverse customer, but still on AT&T and it tried to do the BOGO for me last night, with "Credits" back to the account as it's paid off. I did not want or need 2 iPhone 8's and you were still paying 2x per month on the NEXT program go get going.

Yes you're right. You don't have to be a DirecTV customer. Since I am a customer when you get to the offer it's no obvious if they are offering because I'm a customer or not. Especially with the other reports saying you have to be. I don't really understand your last sentence because it's free (or $99) as long as you keep service. Not sure the 2X per month part.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes you're right. You don't have to be a DirecTV customer. Since I am a customer when you get to the offer it's no obvious if they are offering because I'm a customer or not. Especially with the other reports saying you have to be. I don't really understand your last sentence because it's free (or $99) as long as you keep service. Not sure the 2X per month part.

When I went to check out it started to show $3 a month extra for the 2nd phone on the BOGO, but when it got to the last part, it showed with AT&T Next about $79 a month in payments for the 2 phones until "Credit Applies" Reading some of the find print, seems I would have had to pay for ___ months the NEXT fee, and then it drops off later on. I don't need 2-phones anyway, there is only 2 of us, and my wife is getting my iPhone 7.. but it was confusing.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
When I went to check out it started to show $3 a month extra for the 2nd phone on the BOGO, but when it got to the last part, it showed with AT&T Next about $79 a month in payments for the 2 phones until "Credit Applies" Reading some of the find print, seems I would have had to pay for ___ months the NEXT fee, and then it drops off later on. I don't need 2-phones anyway, there is only 2 of us, and my wife is getting my iPhone 7.. but it was confusing.

Ah ok I understand now. So the 8+ isn't BOGO free. It's BOGO for $99. So that's the $3.xx per month since you have to spread it out. The 8 however is BOGO free. But in terms of the credits what usually happens is the first couple months you do pay the normal monthly payment but by the 3rd month the credits kick in. They'll credit you back for the payments you made for the first couple months and then the credits will be there automatically going forwards.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok I understand now. So the 8+ isn't BOGO free. It's BOGO for $99. So that's the $3.xx per month since you have to spread it out. The 8 however is BOGO free. But in terms of the credits what usually happens is the first couple months you do pay the normal monthly payment but by the 3rd month the credits kick in. They'll credit you back for the payments you made for the first couple months and then the credits will be there automatically going forwards.

Yes, I did not want two (8's) but would have gone with an 8+ and an 8 if it was a mixed Bogo and my wife could have had the 8 and I could have sold my iPhone 7. Just was no way to work that out logically. So it all works out,s he gets my 7, I get the 8+ and her 6 becomes an iPod (since the glass is separating, I can't really sell it)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did not want two (8's) but would have gone with an 8+ and an 8 if it was a mixed Bogo and my wife could have had the 8 and I could have sold my iPhone 7. Just was no way to work that out logically. So it all works out,s he gets my 7, I get the 8+ and her 6 becomes an iPod (since the glass is separating, I can't really sell it)

Yeah I wonder why they don't let you mix and match. I know they state this is the case across manufacturers but it would seem to make sense to allow people to do it for the same one. I would have taken an iPhone 8 for free rather than the + for $99 if I could have. But $99 for a plus is good. Especially when I have another line I can cancel with no penalty lol. But they really should have been more transparent and forthcoming about how they were going to handle BOGO for these devices.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I wonder why they don't let you mix and match. I know they state this is the case across manufacturers but it would seem to make sense to allow people to do it for the same one. I would have taken an iPhone 8 for free rather than the + for $99 if I could have. But $99 for a plus is good. Especially when I have another line I can cancel with no penalty lol. But they really should have been more transparent and forthcoming about how they were going to handle BOGO for these devices.

Both our hands are small, going from the 5s to the 6 for my wife was a push, there is no way she wants any of the PLUS series, and even for me it's a big move, but I wanted the screen size, as I use my phone all day for work. The mix/match would have been great. Maybe next year!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner