At&t 4S and access to 2G

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
On the iPhone 4S, if 4G is not available, it will revert to 3G or in some cases EDGE, which is 2G. It's the same with any phone. It will default to the best coverage where you're at. Now if you purposely wanna cut off 4G, then switch it off in the network settings.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
You understand what I'm saying and then again you don't. I'm wondering if I can enter Edge with the jailbreak tweak NCsettings.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
No need to be hostile. I found this after googleing "ncsettings edge" it was the first hit: cellular data and 3G [Archive] - MacRumors Forums
Quoting: "the way it works on an iPhone (maybe same on iPad), is if you turn off 3G, you revert to EDGE (if your carrier supports it). turning off cellular data means you also turn off EDGE. my thinking is your carrier doesn't support EDGE, so when you turned off 3G, it's basically doing the same thing as turning off cellular data."

Not a direct answer, but the implication is if you turn off 3G, you get Edge, as opposed to turning off Cellular Data which turns everything off.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that will be expressly stated. Since it's just the way it works. You can infer from the link I posted in my previous post, that it does go to 2g, but I don't think it will be outright stated anywhere.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that will be expressly stated. Since it's just the way it works. You can infer from the link I posted in my previous post, that it does go to 2g, but I don't think it will be outright stated anywhere.

This is a good point. Turning cellular data off toggles data off. With the ncsetting toggle it would not make sense for the same behavior to occur.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative