Arrrgggh Scratches on my screen!!

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 favorites that I use that have never bubbled up on me. They are Verizon's clear screen protectors for the iPhone, and Power Supports Anti glare screen protectors. Both of these can be applied perfectly in less than 5 minutes. I tent to use Verizon's screen protectors more , though, as they don't take anything away from the retina display.

I use Verizon's too. I think the trick to applying these stupid things is to get either a Verizon employee or an Apple employee to apply it so you don't drive yourself bananas with the bubbles and fingerprints. Every store has some super helpful person who is an expert at it! The screen looks awesome..can't even tell its there!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use Verizon's too. I think the trick to applying these stupid things is to get either a Verizon employee or an Apple employee to apply it so you don't drive yourself bananas with the bubbles and fingerprints. Every store has some super helpful person who is an expert at it! The screen looks awesome..can't even tell its there!

I have always done this on my own. I think most people can apply Verizon's screen protectors on their own if they take their time.

Last edited:

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Where are all those people preaching about screen protectors being useless now? Simple, if you care about keeping your phone looking new then a little extra protection from a screen protector that you can hardly tell is there is cheap insurance. I've always used screen protectors, and I've never had one scratch.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Power Support Clear on front and back

This is the one i've been looking at, but I want a screen protector that feels the most like the glass surface. I see that they have different screen protectors.. how does this one feel compared to the naked glass? Does you finger glide across is well?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is the one i've been looking at, but I want a screen protector that feels the most like the glass surface. I see that they have different screen protectors.. how does this one feel compared to the naked glass? Does you finger glide across is well?

This will feel as close to glass as you will get. At least my opinion.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought the zagg, butafter installing the Otterbox, it messed up on my case. So I took it off the front screen and put on one of those Anti-glare ones that apple sells. Then I went and cut out that screen that comes with the otterbox and I'm loving it.

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Scratches on my new iphone 4s.

Why does my iphone scratch so easily?

I have a silicone case on it, but also have a couple of scratches on the back!

I have just found a scratch on the screen! I don't have a screen protector on, but do look after my phone. It always goes into an empty pocket so nothing rubs on the screen.

I have tried many many times to install a screen protector on different phones through the years, but always end up with dust and bubbles, so always looks rubbish so I take them off!

My last HTC HD2's screen was brilliant at keeping the scratches at bay without a protector.

What products would you recommend to cover my phone, that's easy to apply and looks good?

Any help.

There are plenty of videos on you tube. just type iphone screen protector installation in the search. most of them are pretty helpful.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Both Power Support and SGP are good in that regard in my experience. It's why they're currently my go-to brands for screen protectors.

I have always done this on my own. I think most people can apply Verizon's screen protectors on their own if they take their time.
^ This and minimize/eliminate dust -- applies to pretty much any screen protector out there in my experience. The IS style screen protectors can be a bit trickier to install but the same applies to them as well.

Last edited:

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Finally!!!!!! As I started this thread I thought I should update you all.

I have found a screen protector that you can actually apply easily and you cannot tell that it is on!

I bought the zagg at first, I absolutely hated it. It had orange peel and awful scratches already on the protector and it felt sticky!!!

Ended up with the media devil crystal clear. Superb product got one for the iPad as well as my iPhone, very very pleased. Did the install in the bathroom while I had the shower on so no dust bubbles at all. :D

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I refuse to use a screen protector but I know a lot of people swear by them. My screen got a nice scratch on it a while ago from something barely touching it. I suppose once the screen and the phone gets beat up enough I'll break the phone and use one of my applecare+ replacements

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The Belkin ultraclear went on perfect the first try and will not bubble on the edges at all. Plus you can't even tell its on. It's my new favorite ( I've had nothing but problems with Zagg and am OCD about protectors). I use either the Belkin or one made by Helium Digital. Both go on really nicely, feel like nothing is on the screen, and don't bubble on the edge (important because I am a case whore).

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It will scratch but putting a screen protector will lessen the touch feel experience. I've used power support and sgp and got sick of decreasing the nice slippery feel without a screen protector. I figure if I never keep my iPhone more than a year and always update to the latest why even bother? Sure I will get hairline scratches only visible under light but at lease I'm not lessening my experience with this phone for the year I have it. And let's be a realistic, selling used good condition iPhones with minimal hairline scratches will sell as much as a pristine no scratch iPhone of the same kind. As long as you never dropped it and take care of the screen, a craiglists buyer will not care for hairline scratches that he may not even see when inspecting the phone. I'm talking about hairline scratches not deep scratches that will certainly lessen the value of a used iPhone.

Last edited:

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The Belkin feels like there's nothing on the glass. It really is the closest to not having a protector on it...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

iLoveApple16

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had ghost armor installed on my phone and there were never any bubbles. Right now I'm temporarily using iVisor by Moshi and I installed that one myself. No bubbles or dust trapped under it. They say you can take it off, wash it, and reapply it more than once but I haven't tried that yet.

Lawns

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I am using the Zagg Invisible Shield HD. I absolutely love it. I have always made excuses for not using a screen protector. But, like the saying goes: "you never know until you try."

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen