Arrrgggh Scratches on my screen!!

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Scratches on my new iphone 4s.

Why does my iphone scratch so easily?

I have a silicone case on it, but also have a couple of scratches on the back!

I have just found a scratch on the screen! I don't have a screen protector on, but do look after my phone. It always goes into an empty pocket so nothing rubs on the screen.

I have tried many many times to install a screen protector on different phones through the years, but always end up with dust and bubbles, so always looks rubbish so I take them off!

My last HTC HD2's screen was brilliant at keeping the scratches at bay without a protector.

What products would you recommend to cover my phone, that's easy to apply and looks good?

Any help.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Zagg Invisible on my 4s and I'm pretty happy with it. I followed the directions precisely. There were some imperfections but all of them disappeared in 24 hours except one bubble, which isn't on the screen. It's on the white part a bit below the screen so I don't notice unless I look for it.

One thing I'm pretty sure about. It WILL look like crap when you apply it. Be patient and you'll probably be happy in the end.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I second the Zagg protector. I've had them all on my phones, and love them! There is a place in the mall by my house that installs them for you, and they come out perfect everytime.

MartiniZ

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I always use a screen protector because my iPhone is in my bag with keys and everything...I got mine at the AT&T store I believe it was ZAGG and it's been on for a while now. The key is to have it put on by someone who know what they're doing. good luck

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I always use a screen protector because my iPhone is in my bag with keys and everything...I got mine at the AT&T store I believe it was ZAGG and it's been on for a while now. The key is to have it put on by someone who know what they're doing. good luck

word. Zagg Shields are the best. I can clean the screens with anything (we have screen cleaners for out monitors at work) without worrying about ruining the screen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 favorites that I use that have never bubbled up on me. They are Verizon's clear screen protectors for the iPhone, and Power Supports Anti glare screen protectors. Both of these can be applied perfectly in less than 5 minutes. I tent to use Verizon's screen protectors more , though, as they don't take anything away from the retina display.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have just found a scratch on the screen! I don't have a screen protector on, but do look after my phone. It always goes into an empty pocket so nothing rubs on the screen.
It doesn't matter how much you "look after" your phone. You can't guarantee that you won't get scratches. All it takes is contact with anything harder than glass (even a speck of sand) to scratch the glass. If you really want to prevent scratches then use a screen protector. If you always end up with bubbles then you need to read up on screen protector application tips. I rarely have such problems but I have installed a lot of screen protectors over the years. You'll get better with practice and patience.

SGP and Power Support are both very easy to install and their crystal and oleophobics are as close to bare glass in appearance and texture as you can get. I'd highly recommend either brand if that's what your after. I used to use the Invisible Shield but I'm not a fan of the tack or orange peel. Obviously, YMMV if you look at the posts above.

I have tried many many times to install a screen protector on different phones through the years, but always end up with dust
Use the shower trick for dust.

I always use a screen protector because my iPhone is in my bag with keys
Keys are not harder than glass.

Last edited:

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I use the Zagg screen protector now because all the other screen protectors that I have tried would always rise around the edges because of the tight fit of my case. Zagg is great, it lets you have the true retina display of the screen and its thin but very durable. Best part is the lifetime warranty it carries :cool:

736dave

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
+1 Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film

I have installed one myself, but usually have someone in the shop do it for me. I need the antiglare, and prefer the texture.

Big Easy 593

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Scratches on my screen!!!

ZAGG rocks!!! Most large Best Buy stores sell them and also offer installation,too! Spend a few dollars
more and get a professional installation done for the best results. You'll be glad you did.I tried several
times myself to install them but I cannot get the same results a pro can.:)

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I had my iP4 for close to 6 months and I have nary a scratch on mine. Although one thing I do wish is not having to use a bulky Incipio case for my phone. :(

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The SGP screen shields are top notch. I have them on all my iDevices. They are easy to install and if you take your time it will be a dust free no bubble install.

Let me know if you want some tips. I have installed 100's of them.

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I baby my phone but after reading this I went out and got a zagg screen protecter I put it on myself and happy with the results. It's nice to have a piece of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Been using Zagg Invisishield since my 32GB 3GS ... They rock hands down and if they need removed or you need your iDevice replaced you can get a warranty replacement for $4 for shipping ... Make sure you register at Zagg.com !

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
+1 Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film

I have installed one myself, but usually have someone in the shop do it for me. I need the antiglare, and prefer the texture.

I just ordered this for my 4S. Looking forward to seeing if the HD screensaver works well with the retina display. I used the regular Power Support Anti glare screen on my iPhone 4 and it did slightly take something away from the nice retina display.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods