Are you using cases or not on iPhone 5?

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Using a Super slim 0.3 mm OZAKI Jelly Case! It's amazing! Gives me the protection i want and comes with a free front screen protector! Still enjoying the thinness of the phone!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356393491.655162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a drop in LTE when using a case? I was using a Body Glove case and I noticed that with the case, my LTE consistently drop out but it doesn't do it when the phone is naked. Anyone else notice this with their case?

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Just have a silicone case. Just need something that doesn't add bulk and helps so that the phone doesn't slip out of my hands.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got my phone today and my Otterbox commuter will be here tomorrow. I'm not sure if I will get something more slim as well or not. Still looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I currently have an Otterbox Defender on my iPhone 5. But, once the issues with the LifeProof Fre case are resolved, I'll probably get one of those.

With my iPhone 4s, I hardly had a case on. But with the iPhone 5, I feel as if I NEED a case. I'm always thinking about resale value, hence using a case.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an Otterbox Defender on my iPhone 5. But, once the issues with the LifeProof Fre case are resolved, I'll probably get one of those.

With my iPhone 4s, I hardly had a case on. But with the iPhone 5, I feel as if I NEED a case. I'm always thinking about resale value, hence using a case.

Their Facebook page shows that the problems have been fixed. I called them today and they are sending me a new case. I'll post and let you know if I got a good case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

koup

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the otterbox commuter case but now I'm rocking the Element 5 case. So far I love it! Feels nice and light. I found that with the commuter case it was still too balky IMO. the element 5 also comes with a full enclosed zipper case that I use for work. Yeah it's a little expensive but so is the phone ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357262235.643799.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357262253.299482.jpg

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Definitely agree. The 64GB iPhone 5 is not inexpensive. Just avoiding the hassle for repairs is in my view worth the relatively small cost for a case. But beyond that its about good stewardship and taking care of investments and all the goodness that comes with a device like the iPhone 5.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the lifeproof fre case on mine. It's the second generation, so all the issues have fixed! Love it!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Can you tell from the packaging for the LifeProof Fre that it is the second generation?

I'm just wondering if Best Buy have that generation yet, versus waiting for LifeProof to ship me one directly.

I currently have the lifeproof fre case on mine. It's the second generation, so all the issues have fixed! Love it!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my commuter case today and its pretty nice. I will get a different screen protector though. I was able to get the one that came with it on the first time with no bubbles or lent under it but it just doesn't seem as nice as others I have used.

I'm also reconsidering the Lifeproof case. I bought my daughter a black lifeproof case for her 4S for Xmas and I hated the screen protector on it because it was so far off the screen. She wanted a teal colored one so we exchanged in through Amazon and the teal one fits great. I'm guessing they must be getting better as has been mentioned.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox