Are you selling your old devices?

Are you selling your old devices?

• Total voters

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Title says it all... sound off.

I want to keep mine, but not sure why I should.
I already messed up by not selling it earlier when I
had a chance to get it for $550 off clist or $600+
on eBay, about a week before the announcement.

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Gave my 3G to the wife when I bought the 3GS, now she's getting the 3GS and I'm selling the 3G. I'll get just over ?200 here in the UK for it, that goes someway to subsidising the 32GB iPhone 4!

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I also gave my 3G to my wife when I bought the 3GS, and now she'll be getting the 3GS. Haven't decided what to do with the 3G yet though. We also still have 8 and 16GB original iPhones around the house! The only iPhone I sold was my original 8 GB iPhone to fund the 16 GB original iPhone (when they came out in Feb '08).

But honestly 5 iPhones when only 2 are active is a bit much, even for me. The originals make great media players though (better screen than on the 3G IMO). From a development perspective I should sell one of the original phones and keep the 3G (for a testing device), but I feel like for an unactivated device (i.e. no data plan, so 3G isn't an issue) the original phones are better (metal body, better screen, flat back), esp. when both models have the same processor, memory, and camera.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Youre question doesnt make sense with the answers,, you shouldve asked You selling your old device ;)

Example :

Keeping your old device?
Yes, only if I get a good enough offer.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Gonna sell it as soon as the gf and I have our new devices in our hands. It's unlocked and jailbroken on 3.1.2, and I'll probably use sn0wbreeze to up it to 4.0 and keep it unlocked for some lucky soul.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I haven't decided yet. I sold my 3G on craigslist after I got my 3GS, but I may give my 3GS to my mom to use as an iPod touch.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Updated the title for you.

Yeah, I'm selling mine on eBay most likely after I get my hands on the i4

Can you do the poll question as well?

eBay is flooded with them. CL, forget about it. I
have this app that checks for every new 3Gs 32gb
iPhone being sold and my device is going crazy and
this is only for my area of NJ. I'm scared I made a
mistake in keeping my 3Gs, especially since I have
3 backup devices: Nexus One, BB 9700 and Pre.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am selling my old 3GS (well new after a suspect warranty replacement last week) on CL/backpage/Ebay soon after I get my iQuattro. I am going to wait for the 4.0 jailbreak first. The buyer can deal with the unlock portion themselves when it's released. I am thinking of selling it close to 400. I am not greedy, but I do want to make at least some profit.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Can you do the poll question as well?

eBay is flooded with them. CL, forget about it. I
have this app that checks for every new 3Gs 32gb
iPhone being sold and my device is going crazy and
this is only for my area of NJ. I'm scared I made a
mistake in keeping my 3Gs, especially since I have
3 backup devices: Nexus One, BB 9700 and Pre.

Never fear, you'll find a buyer.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
If I decide to sell mine, I'm not gonna ask for more than 250.00 for it. That would still be a 50.00 profit and a shiny new iPhone 4! I'll wait for the jailbreak/unlock for 4.0 before trying though.

marissaa310

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try to sell my 3GS as-is and just take what I get for it. It's suffered some water damage within the last month, but it's only caused some relatively minor problems so I'm hoping someone can either fix it or use it for parts.

Phone still works, successfully makes phone calls/texts, whole screen works, etc. The only problems are that I get a constant "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" pop-up like every 30 seconds, and the external speakers don't work because it thinks that it is docked. Ringtone & alarm sound both work, speakerphone works.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm a geek and keep all my old iPhones. But I'm also nice and I let freinds borrow previous models. No one has asked for my 3GS yet, so I'm not sure if I'm loaning that one out or not.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm a geek and keep all my old iPhones. But I'm also nice and I let freinds borrow previous models. No one has asked for my 3GS yet, so I'm not sure if I'm loaning that one out or not.

You don't charge? No one borrows anything of mine that has a nice resale value for free. Borrow a game from me? That's fine, although I do hesitate. Borrow a phone that can still command over 300 bucks for free? No thanks. To each their own, so hats off to you. Can I borrow your car? I need to go grocery shopping.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner