Are you going to miss the home button?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I will miss it. That being said, it will probably take me about a week or two to get used to not having the home button, but I like the move towards gestures on the OS.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
In the last few days I have noticed how much easier I (hope) FaceID will be instead of TouchID in just looking to unlock an app instead of having to touch the home button. It could actually make things quicker so long as apps are updated to support FaceID.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Probably find out quickly. I'm thinking after having every iPhone since the first, I probably will. But like everything, I'll get over it as I learn the new UI.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't think I'll miss it. I'm looking forward to learning new gestures. It kinda gives me the excitement I used to get years ago when I got a new phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
In the last few days I have noticed how much easier I (hope) FaceID will be instead of TouchID in just looking to unlock an app instead of having to touch the home button. It could actually make things quicker so long as apps are updated to support FaceID.

Agree. Hopefully that is a quick update and not super delayed like many were with TouchID.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone X has no home button. It DOES have FaceID and a webOS-inspired swipe up to go home gesture instead. You think you're going to miss the home button?

Personally, having used (er, LOVED) webOS years ago, I'm not going to miss the home button one bit. Seems like a lot of wasted space to me, give me more screen, and smart gestures to interact with the UI!

If I get the iPhone X, I’m sure I’d miss the hone button initially, but I won’t have any problems adjusting to not having it. More than likely, I’ll get mad at my iPad Pro and iPhone 8 for still having it....

kuje75

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I uses iphone 7 plus since earlier this year after a very long time with blackberry. My last blackberry device is passport. When i first move to bb10, i don’t really have any problem adapting to the gesture with no home button. But when i moved to iphone, I constantly swipe my iphone up. So for me, it is about time iphone remove the button. It is too old school.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal