Are you glad you went from a max size to a non-max size iPhone?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have the 12 pro max. It’s a great phone I have always used the max size. Now tho am contemplating the smaller 13 pro size and not getting the max

Those of you who have made the switch to the smaller size : are you glad you did?
I don’t have problems with the max size.

I know not much difference in upgrading. It would be for smaller device reasons

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone pro

When I upgraded from the 12 pro max to the regular 13 pro I loved it and was really happy for a couple months then I ended up missing the screen size. The battery life on the 13 pro was amazing surprisingly but the 13 pro max is insane.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

When I upgraded from the 12 pro max to the regular 13 pro I loved it and was really happy for a couple months then I ended up missing the screen size. The battery life on the 13 pro was amazing surprisingly but the 13 pro max is insane.

Thx. What are u liking?

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

Honestly it’s a lot like my 12 Pro max was but the variable refresh rate is a huge difference in my opinion. Between that the battery and the upgrade to the cameras I don’t regret it at all.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: Are you glad you went from a max size size to a non-max size iPhone?

I saw all the specs are same except size of course and battery

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I've been thinking about this lately. I went from an 8+ to a 12 Pro. I am happy with the size, but am wondering what I am missing with the better camera! LOL!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I am downsizing the size. Decided
Ordered the 13 pro. Everything is same as the 13 max only smaller and the battery
Camera is the same
etc.
Will arrive Monday

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I am downsizing the size. Decided
Ordered the 13 pro. Everything is same as the 13 max only smaller and the battery
Camera is the same
etc.
Will arrive Monday

Awesome and please let us know what you think of it when it arrives… :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Awesome and please let us know what you think of it when it arrives… :)

Thx. I will. I haven’t had a smaller phone in a very long time. I need to be able to wear smaller bags due to concerts etc. and still carry necessities. Lol.
I also don’t necessarily need the larger real estate screen. Have held it in store. Friend has one. So I think will be good

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I'm glad I did. I went from the 13 Pro Max to the 13 Pro. I can use my device one handed and I don't feel like I'm compromising on battery.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I switched between Max, regular 13/Pro and Mini several times. While I was always a little disappointed with the smaller sizes, this only lasted 1 day or so.
My take therefore is:
if you don't have eyesight problems, even a mini is sufficient (I wouldn't go smaller though, if there was a smaller phone).
The only time you will feel the smaller screen being a disadvantage is when putting both/all 3 phones next to each other. Then you may feel like there is some coolness that comes with a bigger screen. No issue without 1:1 comparision.
Ok, watching lots of videos might be an exception to the rule.
In the meanwhile, I settled for a (non pro) 13 (but still miss the Mini sometimes because of its conveniently small form factor).

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope you are happy with your choice. It’s a rough choice between the two. I went to a max phone for the first time this year. Well, I’ve gone there a couple times this year.

Originally bought the 13 Pro and have returned it twice to try the 13 Pro Max. Currently on my third try. Love the Max screen, battery, and typing comfort. Like the size of the regular Pro. I have reservations that I’ll grow tired of the size of the PM.

I use my 2016 MacBook maybe once a month so I do 99% of my non-job computing on my phone. Don’t own an iPad.. This is the reason I’m thinking the 13 Pro Max makes sense for me. I just need to convince myself of that now.

Again, wish you all the best with your choice. Keep us posted on your experience.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Switched from a X to 13 Pro Max, the major factors in a larger size for me is it’s easier to type (I have big thumbs, the extra real estate is a god send), I can view much more on screen without needing to scroll, and watching videos is a pleasure. I’m excluding the improved refresh rate and battery which are both excellent but almost same on regular size. You already ordered Pro, if real estate doesn’t do much for you then you’ll likely be happy with the change as it’s easier to handle

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have been on the large screens since Samsung Note and making the switch to Apple beginning with the 7+.
I wear glasses and I don’t have a problem with smaller. I love the larger screen, don’t get me wrong. But I am tired of not getting full functionality with smaller handbags
And I am actually tired of the bulk. I could never go with the mini.
I think the pro will be a good change. Just ordered two apple leather cases
Just need a screen protector after it arrives and I am set.
A friend has it and I like hers. Only I am getting the Sierra Blue.
I will keep u posted!

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been on the large screens since Samsung Note and making the switch to Apple beginning with the 7+.
I wear glasses and I don’t have a problem with smaller. I love the larger screen, don’t get me wrong. But I am tired of not getting full functionality with smaller handbags
And I am actually tired of the bulk. I could never go with the mini.
I think the pro will be a good change. Just ordered two apple leather cases
Just need a screen protector after it arrives and I am set.
A friend has it and I like hers. Only I am getting the Sierra Blue.
I will keep u posted!

I’m sure you’ll love it! You can’t go wrong with either one in my opinion. I would obviously love to have one each! :)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing I like about the non-Max size or a mini but that's not the fault of the other products. The phones are vital work tools for me. Any or all of more screen real estate, batter life and camera performance make my job as an IT/infrastructure manager easier.

I don't get the some of the size arguments that come up when people put the smaller phones in stupid cases that make them bigger. We buy and manage these things by the dozens and give staff a lot of support with their stuff to see how products work. You can get very protective cases that still make the phones easy to handle. My boss and some departments will buy some clunky name brand cases and it seems they mostly just waste money, make phones harder to handle and look dumb vs some rather basic Spigen cases.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have absolutely enjoyed the larger screen and I have no problems handling it. It has come to a point for me tho I want a smaller device.
I don’t buy stupid cases! I prefer the Apple leather case. It’s sharp and perfect for me
Everyone has different preferences. There is nothing dumb or stupid about it

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Switched from a X to 13 Pro Max, the major factors in a larger size for me is it’s easier to type (I have big thumbs, the extra real estate is a god send), I can view much more on screen without needing to scroll, and watching videos is a pleasure. I’m excluding the improved refresh rate and battery which are both excellent but almost same on regular size. You already ordered Pro, if real estate doesn’t do much for you then you’ll likely be happy with the change as it’s easier to handle

I have been using large screen since they came out. They aren’t difficult to handle. I just want a smaller phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro