Are you getting the new Magic Keyboard for your iPad Pro?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those of you who are getting the new 2020 model iPad Pro, will you also be getting Appl’s new Magic Keyboard for it?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I'd be willing to fork over $350 for a keyboard for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, especially when I already have an  Trackpad 2 and an  Bluetooth Keyboard at my disposal, but that's Just Me, D...:)

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Not getting the newest iPad, but I do have the 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9. The magic keyboard will work with it. And, yes, I do plan on getting it. I’m just trying to get some debt paid off first.

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I’ve had my Magic Keyboard for my iPad Pro 11” for about a month now and I love it. Yes, its quite expensive, but it is the one accessory that I reckon is a must for any serious iPad Pro user.

I find the trackpad much more intuitive than the mouse Ive been using, and the keys themselves are the best I’ve used and I also have both a Brydge keyboard case and a Logitech keyboard case.

The lack of a set of function keys might be a problem for some, but I’ve got used to not having them now.

Being able to power it from the keyboards dedicated port and use the iPad’s own usbc port for my usb hub is extremely useful.

It’s a thumbs up from me

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had my Magic Keyboard for my iPad Pro 11” for about a month now and I love it. Yes, its quite expensive, but it is the one accessory that I reckon is a must for any serious iPad Pro user.

I find the trackpad much more intuitive than the mouse Ive been using, and the keys themselves are the best I’ve used and I also have both a Brydge keyboard case and a Logitech keyboard case.

The lack of a set of function keys might be a problem for some, but I’ve got used to not having them now.

Being able to power it from the keyboards dedicated port and use the iPad’s own usbc port for my usb hub is extremely useful.

It’s a thumbs up from me

How much better is it over the Brydge keyboard and perhaps a separate Apple Mouse Pad?

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I was using a 1st gen Brydge keyboard with a mouse, and although I found the key action acceptable, I’ve found now that its not a patch on the Magic Keyboard action. Also the slots used to hold the iPad were very awkward to use, making removing the iPad something I didn’t want to do very often. The fact that the Magic Keyboard takes its power from the iPad itself is better (in my opinion). One plus point for the Brydge is that it does have a useful row of function keys.

I did consider the new Brydge keyboard with trackpad, as they’ve altered the slots now, but reviews have shown the trackpad to be quite hit and miss at times and it’s missing some of Apples gestures.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I love that you can even use the trackpad to switch apps or close one with the swipe feature. I’m a geek lite, meaning I don’t always have the biggest and best, but I am picky and this thing rocks!

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have found that there are a few apps that have yet to take full advantage of the Magic Keyboards gestures and commands (cmd), but that doesn’t detract from its usefulness, and I’m sure it wont be long before they introduce updates for them

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
A quick update on the Magic Keyboard. I’ve invested in a CoverBuddy cover for my iPad Pro 11” which was originally designed to use with the Smart Keyboard, but works exactly the same with the Magic Keyboard.

It provides a little more protection for the sides of the iPad, and has smart connectors on the back to allow the power connector to function, also has very strong magnets to hold the iPad (it’s not going to fall off).

It also has a handy slot at the top to hold the Apple Pencil which without the cover has a habit of getting knocked off.

All in, a very worthwhile purchase if you have an iPad Pro, and they also make one for the larger iPad Pro as well.

Available on Amazon!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So I finally got my dbrand Swarm skin for the back of my iPad. I wasn’t comfortable handling it with nothing on it and this gives it a good bit of grip. I LOVE this thing and, as advertised, works just fine with the MK. It was also super easy to install. And no, I don’t work for them!
1fdd9c7425c814c8381d027c2584bcec.jpg

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
So I finally got my dbrand Swarm skin for the back of my iPad. I wasn’t comfortable handling it with nothing on it and this gives it a good bit of grip. I LOVE this thing and, as advertised, works just fine with the MK. It was also super easy to install. And no, I don’t work for them!
1fdd9c7425c814c8381d027c2584bcec.jpg

Hmmm I like that. I may have to look into getting one. You put it on yourself with no issues?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm I like that. I may have to look into getting one. You put it on yourself with no issues?

Correct. They have installation videos on their site which made it super easy. It’s actually thicker than I thought it would be so it was a breeze and took a couple minutes at best. They have other patterns but I really love this one!

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is that the grey carbon? I just checked them out. Really like the way it looks. I don’t have keyboard case so that back isn’t exposed but def something to put on the wish list

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Is that the grey carbon? I just checked them out. Really like the way it looks. I don’t have keyboard case so that back isn’t exposed but def something to put on the wish list

No, it’s “Swarm”, the honeycomb design. It has a lot of texture to it. Here’s a close up of the texture.
2d3de98505ba879feb8e804f4622d91c.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner