Are you getting the new HomePod?

Are you getting the new HomePod?

• Total voters

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just don't know... I want to wait and see what it's really like, and then when I have a bundle of cash, I'll decide.

WrathPaine

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Not going with HomePod due to: price; lack of bluetooth; lack of aux plugin; DC power only.
Feeling comfortable with my recent Bose Revolve purchase, which came with a very responsive Echo Dot.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No, I don’t even use Siri that much.
Plus I just got a new Series 3 Nike+ Silver with Pure Platinum/Black band.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
It is a little pricey for me at this point. I have several Sonos speakers in my home and would gladly add 2 more ones in place of a HomePod.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
No. Overpriced for what it is. I mean let's be real here, Siri isn't the greatest on our phones so why would I want it in a speaker?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I married an audiophile that would rather shovel his eyes out with a spork than use anything other than floor speakers to listen to our music. We have several of the old Sonos Connects throughout the house. Enough power to vibrate the floors of the homes on both sides of us.

If I even mentioned getting one of these HomePods, he'd probably turn several shades of puke green. :rotfl:

oblithe

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I’ve been saving up those $25 Apple Store gift cards (from Apple’s Visa card). So I am getting a “Free” HomePod.
I don’t have to justify the cost if it costs me nothing but the Applecare!

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Not a chance. Far too limited in abilities at that price.

Honestly, Apple really needs to invest in developing siri properly before diving into smart speakers. They are getting left in the dust by Amazon and Google.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'll pass on it! I don't summon Siri that much and I already cringe when I hear that voice as it is. Plus it's too pricey and crippled with limitations from the start. No thank you Apple!!

crichton007

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure it will sound good but not enough to justify the price. On top of that I think that the Echo offers way more integrations at a much lower price. And I'm not talking about smart home integrations but integrations to other services.

macguy59

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep I'll order one on Friday. I like playing with new toys. Play music, handle basic requests and control my HomeKit devices will be enough for now. Added bonus will be if it integrates with my Apple TV's. Would be sweet if I can tell it to play a movie or TV show on the Living room (or bedroom) Apple TV

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods