Are you even remotely interested in the Apple Vision Pro?

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
WWDC just wrapped up and Apple just unveiled the Apple Vision Pro. The iMore blog has everything you need to know about it, right here but I'm more curious to know if anyone here is even remotely interested in this thing? It's coming in at $3499 USD next year which means it's not going to be for everyone for sure.

Reactions: Jeremy Kaplan

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think it looks amazing and impressive. However, all things considered, I'm not remotely interested in it. The cost is high, and I just can't see me using it. I wear glasses, and I would worry that would be a problem, even though they covered that in the presentation.

Reactions: nikkisharif

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I think it looks amazing and impressive.
It really does from the presentation, I'm just wondering how much of that is hype though. I'll be waiting to hear from folks who go hands on with it. I personally don't think the market is there yet for this sort of thing and I dunno if Apple is the ones to get it there, especially at that price. I could be wrong but this is the first time I feel like Apple has made a "Me too!" product. Like it doesn't need to exist yet from Apple.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It really does from the presentation, I'm just wondering how much of that is hype though. I'll be waiting to hear from folks who go hands on with it. I personally don't think the market is there yet for this sort of thing and I dunno if Apple is the ones to get it there, especially at that price. I could be wrong but this is the first time I feel like Apple has made a "Me too!" product. Like it doesn't need to exist yet from Apple.
I agree! Plus, I'm certain there will be additional costs. The affiliation with Disney and others will surely be passed on to users.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It looks amazing, but from reporting, it won’t be for sale in Canada anytime soon. Also, I am just not at all the target market for it.

And I have better things to do with 5,424$. That 5% and 9.975% are the applicable sales taxes on the device.
IMG_1419.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Bla1ze

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The presentation for it was awesome. No doubt about it. However, I’m hesitant to welcome such false realism. VR/AR always make me think of the movie, “Surrogates” starring Bruce Willis and I can see something similar taking place.

Reactions: nikkisharif

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
It looks amazing, but from reporting, it won’t be for sale in Canada anytime soon. Also, I am just not at all the target market for it.

And I have better things to do with 5,424$. That 5% and 9.975% are the applicable sales taxes on the device.
View attachment 132619
Yeah, good thing I don't care about it or I'd be weeping in CAD as well.

Reactions: EdwinG

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I’m not going to buy one, but I’ll read about it as it goes along, I’m not really entertained by gadgetry, don’t play games or watch films, but I like to read.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I think it's an amazing piece of technology for a preview of a version 1. I will never buy one - I hate the idea of VR myself, and will never wear a headset like this. But Apple seems to have done it right.

If and when Apple has a set of AR glasses that resemble more Google Glass from last decade, then maybe I'll consider it.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If this rumor is true this could be a game changer.
a1836d9ad8364f64c36463f242504340.png

Last edited:

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I am very interested. I had a group of friends/neighbors over for a get-together, and I played the part of WWDC where they introduced it. I stopped the video just before they announced the price and asked everyone, "Regardless of whether you're interested, how much do you think the Apple Vision Pro will cost?" The answers started at $9999.95 and went up. When I said the price was $3499, everyone was surprised. I agree that the price is steep, but IMO it is a fair price for what it does.

My plan is to give it a careful evaluation in the Apple store and, assuming it is as fantastic as I expect, maybe buy version 2.