Are videos I upload to Dropbox from my iPhone saved at a lower resolution?

CrackBerry Kevin

Aug 30, 2007
www.crackberry.com
I shot some videos yesterday on my iPhone 6 Plus. Via the Carousel they all uploaded to my DropBox account.

From there, on my computer, I opened the video files. They don't seem to be high resolution. The file sizes are not tiny (94MB for a 45 second video), but that doesn't seem to be full resolution either.

Just wondering if DropBox automatically backs up a lower resolution version of the video file? Alternatively... how do I get the full res videos off my iPhone and onto my Mac?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the DropBox thing...

You can use the stock Mac app "Image Capture" to pull things off your phone direct to your Mac... pics or videos when connected via lightning cable to the Mac...

Edit to add: One can also use the import function of iMovie to pull videos off an iPhone...edit, export, etc when cabled to a Mac...

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I think Dropbox started uploading videos in full resolution when the iPhone 5 came out.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I think that carousel does highly compress the images. I have had better luck with using the Dropbox app itself to backup my photos and videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think that carousel does highly compress the images. I have had better luck with using the Dropbox app itself to backup my photos and videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never used the Carousel version.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I shot some videos yesterday on my iPhone 6 Plus. Via the Carousel they all uploaded to my DropBox account.

From there, on my computer, I opened the video files. They don't seem to be high resolution. The file sizes are not tiny (94MB for a 45 second video), but that doesn't seem to be full resolution either.

Just wondering if DropBox automatically backs up a lower resolution version of the video file? Alternatively... how do I get the full res videos off my iPhone and onto my Mac?

Use iPhoto, Image Capture, or Aperture to import media from your iOS device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro