Are there clock widgets that work in the foreground for the iPhone?

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
New to themeing & jailbreaking (iPhone 4s running ios 6.1.2). So the second thing I want to do is put a clock widget on the home screen, like I did on my Android. But days of trying to do this has not resulted in success. I've managed to put an html clock there via Winterboard. However, I can no longer use my "Multiwall" (separate wallpaper per page) if I do this, because Multiwall hides the HTML clock. Alternatively, I've tried to get Dashboard X and iWidgets to work. But despite disabling Winterboard themes and Multiwall, nothing happens when I long press on the home screen. So I've never been able to try their widgets. What I am looking to do is put a clock on the home screen that can be moved around on the fly, and stay in the foreground so that I can still use different wallpapers on each page.

The jailbroken iPhone seems very limited in terms of customizability from what I'm used to on rooted Android phones, so I don't know... is this even doable on the iPhone?

Last edited:

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dashboard x should work because I use it. I think your issue is with Multiwall. That tweak is not compatible with os6.

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I had tried Dashboard X and iWidget with Multiwall disabled; still nothing happens when I press on the home screen. However, I am able to call up the Dashboard X clock if I use an Activator setting to call it up. But while it puts the clock on my screen, the screen itself is then greyed out and I can't use it. As soon as I hit the home button, the clock disappears! I don't doubt these widget apps work for others, I just know they don't work for me, and I'm not at all sure why. Is there a perpage wallpaper hack that does work with ios6, and will allow you to place a Dashboard X or iWidget clock over top of the wallpaper?

Last edited:

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I widgets works on os6 either. You have to just choose dashboard and remove the others and see if that helps

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I widgets works on os6 either. You have to just choose dashboard and remove the others and see if that helps

I did. I know that I can't have iWidgets and Dashboard X installed at once, so I always deleted the one before trying the other. In fact, I just removed both again, re-downloaded Dashboard X, along with 2 clock widgets, could not get it to put a clock on the screen and have it stay there.

On other hand.... I may have solved my themer's dilemna via workaround. What I did was create a new folder in the Themes directory, adding "Page0.png-Page6.png" representing the wallpapers I want to install on each page. Then I removed Page1.png. This made it so the home screen shows the HTML widget clock I had manually installed in the Themes directory, but I can still scroll sideways and see the following pages showing different wallpaper (each page has a different category, that I plan to park my apps on). Though I am still not able to use Dashboard X widgets, if I can do what I want to do this way, they may no longer be as necessary.

ceburyda

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm using perpagehtml and HTCONE X widget on my iPhone 5, 6.1.2 so far everything is working fine. I like using perpagehtml+ so I can use different widgets on the same homepage along with other pages if needed.

New to themeing & jailbreaking (iPhone 4s running ios 6.1.2). So the second thing I want to do is put a clock widget on the home screen, like I did on my Android. But days of trying to do this has not resulted in success. I've managed to put an html clock there via Winterboard. However, I can no longer use my "Multiwall" (separate wallpaper per page) if I do this, because Multiwall hides the HTML clock. Alternatively, I've tried to get Dashboard X and iWidgets to work. But despite disabling Winterboard themes and Multiwall, nothing happens when I long press on the home screen. So I've never been able to try their widgets. What I am looking to do is put a clock on the home screen that can be moved around on the fly, and stay in the foreground so that I can still use different wallpapers on each page.

The jailbroken iPhone seems very limited in terms of customizability from what I'm used to on rooted Android phones, so I don't know... is this even doable on the iPhone?