Are there any pedometer apps that use the Apple Watch and NOT the iPhone?

Adam Brown22

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to carry my phone around with me now that I have my Apple Watch but all the pedometer apps use the iPhone and you can just view the progress on the Apple Watch. Does anyone know if there is something out there I can install on the Apple Watch that not only shows steps but can be done without having to carry the iPhone to "track" steps?

Adam Brown22

May 9, 2015
Visit site
So, I'm probably just not smart. I went to my local Apple Store and asked a "genius" and she showed my the watch DOES in fact count steps. When you are in the activity screen all you have to do is push up on the face of the watch and it breaks out Active Calories, Total Steps (currently @ 5,125) and total distance. Thank you Apple Watch for adding this! Now I just wish I could change that calorie band to steps and set that goal and we would be off to the races (quite literally).

a2dmusic

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I was going to come in here and point that answer out, but you found out yourself (or with a genius ;) ). I found it via digital crown, but same difference.

Now I just wish I could change that calorie band to steps and set that goal and we would be off to the races (quite literally).

But I did want to reply and say: YES THIS. Please.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods