Are there any native Calendar/Reminders app differences between the iOS and Android?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As stated in the thread title, are there any differences between the native Calendar and Reminders apps for the iPhone and Android devices? If so, what are they?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Of course! They’re better on iOS.

This is laughable and why they call us sheep lol.

Speaking strictly to the Calendar differences, sharing options, customization, viewing differences, etc. are a few of the differences between the two applications. The Calendar app on Google/Android is by far more robust than on iOS.

There's a reason many business' and schools are utilizing G Suite offerings and many of the same features are baked into the Google calendar app.

As far as reminders, last I knew, they were a part of the Android calendar app which is nice. No need for two separate apps to handle such similar feature sets, which is the case on iOS.

I'd LOVE for Apple to revamp the calendar app on iOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is laughable and why they call us sheep lol.

Speaking strictly to the Calendar differences, sharing options, customization, viewing differences, etc. are a few of the differences between the two applications. The Calendar app on Google/Android is by far more robust than on iOS.

There's a reason many business' and schools are utilizing G Suite offerings and many of the same features are baked into the Google calendar app.

As far as reminders, last I knew, they were a part of the Android calendar app which is nice. No need for two separate apps to handle such similar feature sets, which is the case on iOS.

I'd LOVE for Apple to revamp the calendar app on iOS.

The company I work for is in the process of switching over to G Suite so I appreciate the feedback, sir.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The company I work for is in the process of switching over to G Suite so I appreciate the feedback, sir.

No problem. I support my company’s G Suite for Education environment. Has it’s pros and cons. But from a collaborative perspective, the services are great.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I love G Suite on my work computer, but I’m not a fan of Google apps on my iPhone. I definitely wish Apple would merge Calendar & Reminders and add more features to it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, Google Calendars works perfectly fine with Apple's native iOS calendar app for me, and with Fantastical as well. Not a fan of the Google Calendar app itself.

I've never used Google tasks at all, even when I had an Android phone (2009-2015); with an iPhone, I'd just use the native Reminders app myself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR