Are the packages being held?

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just tracked my package a few minutes ago. My package is in the same place that it arrived 6am yesterday. Its only two hours away from me. My tracker now says that I have a rescheduled delivery date of Tuesday, February 8. I know for a fact that the weather in SC isn't bad enough to slow down delivery.

Anyone else have a change in delivery?

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine is being delivered via UPS. It now shows as departed 3am this morning. So its going to be held at the local facility. Think I'm going to call and see if I can pick it up.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt they put a hold on these things. It is Sunday so some of the info might not be properly updated yet. Either way im not getting mine until Tuesday because I ordered from Apple.com. Wont know until you know...;)

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I called UPS on Friday mornig and confirmed the Monday before 10:30. I wouldnt even think that a hold would even be possible this late in the game (over a weekend no less)

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
@jmill79 I was told the same thing on Friday. It doesn't say delayed. Just that it was rescheduled and there isn't a reason listed.

wolverine318

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
nope, mine is at my local destination sort facility in Romulus, Mi after sitting at Memphis for over 24 hours. Fed Ex and UPS are in the delivery business not the package storage business.

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Mann, I feel like mine is being held. Mine is still stuck at "China, Departure Scan" smh. But it still says its going to be delivered on Tuesday at 10:30.

treevis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
nope, mine is at my local destination sort facility in Romulus, Mi after sitting at Memphis for over 24 hours. Fed Ex and UPS are in the delivery business not the package storage business.

Exactly, UPS and Fedex deliver the packages not store them. They are not set up to retain packages like this. Also, the more they have to handle the packages the more money it costs them. And you know the business stance that the big companies have these days. It is all about cost reduction and profits. So needless to say, they will be getting rid of every package that is on the trucks that day....weather permitting that is.

runnergrl23

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just tracked my package a few minutes ago. My package is in the same place that it arrived 6am yesterday. Its only two hours away from me. My tracker now says that I have a rescheduled delivery date of Tuesday, February 8. I know for a fact that the weather in SC isn't bad enough to slow down delivery.

Anyone else have a change in delivery?

Where is SC are you? I'm near Charleston. My tracking says my package is in Atalanta and still set for delivery tomorrow before 3.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, UPS and Fedex deliver the packages not store them. They are not set up to retain packages like this.

Is there any evidence to suggest FedEx and/or UPS is doing anything outside of normal, every day/weekend operation practices for them? Are they really "retaining packages"??

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Where is SC are you? I'm near Charleston. My tracking says my package is in Atalanta and still set for delivery tomorrow before 3.

I'm in Beaufort. About an hour and a half south of Charleston. The package was in Columbia with a delivery date of tomorrow before 1030. It departed this morning with a rescheduled date of 2/8

saberahul

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
UPS and Fedex don't deliver on weekends. The packages are just sitting in the facilities waiting to be delivered.

True. Your pages will be updated Monday morning. For those who have a delivery date for Monday you will receive by thdn for sure unless weather or something comes in your way.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just called ups to inquire about the updated delivery date and she said that a revision request was made by the shipper to change the date. She also said that they were told not to allow a pickup.

That sucks because I rescheduled all of my Monday appointments for Tuesday since I have to physically sign for the package.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox